ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unique situation with employment during tier1 application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mandhan

Unique situation with employment during tier1 application

Post by mandhan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I have applied to switch from WP->Tier1 about 4 weeks back. Since then I have sent one change of circumstances form alongwith my original college leaving certificate to amend the start and end date of my degree.

When I submitted my application, there was a unique situation wrt my employment here in UK. The company that had sponsored my work permit (say company A) had been acquired by another company (say company B). At the time of my application, the HR at company A had sent a request for "change of technical employment" to the home office but no confirmation had been received. I had then attached a letter with my tier1 application clarifying this situation and mentioned that no further details were available to me at that time. I had also enclosed a letter from company B confirming the acquisition.
Just today, my HR has given me the work permit amendment letter issued by the home office. All this letter mentions is that home office records have been updated and that nothing else changes (duration of leave, work permit number, all other terms and conditions etc..remain the same).

Now my question is should I send another change of circumstances form to the border agency alongwith this amendment letter? Wouldn't they be able to access all the current details from my "worker reference number" that I have mentioned on the application form.

Please respond as I might just have a week or so before my application is picked up by a caseworker.

Many Thanks!!

mandhan

Re: Unique situation with employment during tier1 applicatio

Post by mandhan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Fellow applicants, please throw some light on my situation detailed below. I am sure some of the more experienced members can give some advice.

[quote="mandhan"]Hi Guys,

I have applied to switch from WP->Tier1 about 4 weeks back. Since then I have sent one change of circumstances form alongwith my original college leaving certificate to amend the start and end date of my degree.

When I submitted my application, there was a unique situation wrt my employment here in UK. The company that had sponsored my work permit (say company A) had been acquired by another company (say company B). At the time of my application, the HR at company A had sent a request for "change of technical employment" to the home office but no confirmation had been received. I had then attached a letter with my tier1 application clarifying this situation and mentioned that no further details were available to me at that time. I had also enclosed a letter from company B confirming the acquisition.
Just today, my HR has given me the work permit amendment letter issued by the home office. All this letter mentions is that home office records have been updated and that nothing else changes (duration of leave, work permit number, all other terms and conditions etc..remain the same).

Now my question is should I send another change of circumstances form to the border agency alongwith this amendment letter? Wouldn't they be able to access all the current details from my "worker reference number" that I have mentioned on the application form.

Please respond as I might just have a week or so before my application is picked up by a caseworker.

Many Thanks!![/quote]

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:43 pm

hi, different people may look at this differently but i will say just drop a Fax to HO explaining this situation and a copy of the letter u recived from HR .Since the HO records are updated you should not worry about this much.
:-)

mandhan

Post by mandhan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks aspirant09 for replying. So you are suggesting not to fill another change of circumstances form but rather send a fax to the HO. Please can you post the fax number or a weblink where I can get the number from?

Thanks.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:54 am

i thought it was on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ctcentres/
but i am stuggling to find the number.It should be somewhere on this website.
I remember i saw in one of the Posts in this forum alterbatevely u can call
0870 606 7766 and ask for the FAX number.
:-)