ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Degree but not in Database.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paperwork

UK Degree but not in Database.

Post by paperwork » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:08 pm

I have a Masters degree from UK, to my surprise the institute is not in the database of the UKBA.

But the degree is validated by UKBA database listed institute. I have letter from my institute saying its validated and all legal.

Would this be of help to achieve the required points?

Please throw some light.
Thanks!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Who awarded the masters?

paperwork

Royal College of Art

Post by paperwork » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Hiya paperpusher,

Royal College of Art validated the degree and is signed by the RECTOR as well as REGISTRAR of the Royal college of ARt, London.

The degree says in the bottom 'awarded under the royal charter of the Royal College of Art'
RCA is listed in the UKBA list too.

Thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:44 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

It was there when I did the points calculator, if that is what you mean by the UKBA database. If it isn't there, then I am sure it is an error.

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegr ... tegoryID=1

push
United Kingdom

Re: UK Degree but not in Database.

Post by push » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:21 am

paperwork wrote:I have a Masters degree from UK, to my surprise the institute is not in the database of the UKBA.

But the degree is validated by UKBA database listed institute. I have letter from my institute saying its validated and all legal.

Would this be of help to achieve the required points?

Please throw some light.
Thanks!
What do you mean by UKBA database?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

paperwork

Post by paperwork » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:10 am

Hi,

I guess, I haven't been able to make a point clear here. Sorry for the confusion.

I completed my degree from a UK institute, National Film School, which is validated by Royal college of Art to conduct MASTERS course. At the end of the course, Royal College of Art signs the Degree and validates it.

The Film school is in the register of DCSF website as 'training providers' but not in UKBA database of institutes. (UKBA database is the one available on Point Base Calculator)

I have a letter from Film School confirming my degree, education and the relationship with Royal College of Art.

Would I be considered as Masters? I don't know what I should be putting in the form when it asks Name of Institute? Should it be Royal College of Art or National Film School.

Please throw some light.
Cheers!