ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

August - October applicants?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yedi
Newly Registered

August - October applicants?

Post by yedi » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:39 am

Hi,
Co applicants, this is to find out what is happening to our application. What is home office doing about this backlog :?:

Co applicants , pls respond.

:oops:

ameba
Newly Registered

Post by ameba » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:50 am

I filed my HSMP application in the beginning of October 2004. No response till now. I am now longing at least to get my documents back, even with a refusal, so I would be able to re-apply with even better supporting documents. Nevertheless, I hope to get a positive answer and forget sooner about all this alwful experience.

Maybe we should write a letter about all this matter to Howard? I bet he 'd be happy to criticise Blair's cabinet one more time...

vp73
Newly Registered

Post by vp73 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:19 am

I applied begining of Oct 04 and hoping this ordeal gets over fast. Hey ameba i share the same thoughts as yours.

hope everything works out good

emma_peele
Newly Registered

done with waiting

Post by emma_peele » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:34 am

i am an early september out-of-country applicant and like everyone else, i haven't heard anything from hsmp team yet. i am so done with waiting! the processing order and some of the decisions made for other applicants don't make sense. i just regret giving them the originals. all our other plans are on hold because of that.

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:01 pm

The same story. Applied on 27 August, 2004, they received my papers on August 31 and since then they keep silence.

I have mailed them additional docs to support my case, do not want to be refused at the end. I haven't sent them originals, only notarised copies, but nevertheless this has been 8 months of waiting. More than enough to have our apps processed if they haven't put all their efforts on processing new applications following the fake rules they have established !!!

I would have bear this wait a bit better if they at least could have given a clear answer about the current status of my application and approximate processing times. Although I emailed them and kindly asked to aknowledge receipt of my additional docs - I only got from them very long, polite but obscure and usless reply about their difficulties with absolutely no meaningful information!!!

Sorry, I am very disappointed about all this.

Which to all of us all the best, do not lose hope and patiance :)

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:37 pm

Sorry about misprints :? Was in a hurry...

any_other
Newly Registered

Post by any_other » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:21 pm

Hi, there.
I'm an out-of-country applicant, sent my application on 07 August, 2004, CC was deducted on 11 August, 2004. Since then I haven't got any info. Mailed them a couple of days ago - they replied today with absolutely useless letter:

"Thank you for enquiry about work permits:

Unfortunately, due to unprecedented levels of enquiries and requests for
information by e-mail to the Work Permits (UK) mail-box over the last few
weeks, we are currently unable to provide individual, personalised responses
to these enquiries.

To try and be as helpful as we can, to as many people as we can during this
extremely busy period, we have compiled a list of "frequently asked
questions". Within this body of information we have provided the answers to
those questions and enquiries which, from experience, we know to be the most
common. We hope that these serve to address your particular questions.

You can up obtain weekly updates on our processing times from the 'News' and
'Announcements' section of our website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk.
" :!:

Planning to phone them.

dcguy
Newly Registered

Post by dcguy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:19 pm

I am also in the same boat, as a late September applicant. Like the rest of us, I don't know when our application will be reviewed. The HO hasn't published any time lines for clearing the backlog. Given that the HO has just admitted that their July 12 processing date was wrong (it is meant to be June 12) - see workpermit.com news item for this-, it may be months before they get to the Sept applications.

Thus, there are two alternatives to get one's HSMP application approved: receive a job offer to get priority processing (hard to do without being in the UK) or, best, withdrawl the application and reapply. The benefits of the latter is that the HSMP team are processing apps very quickly. It appears that a new application will also have a new app #. However, it may take the HSMP team 6 or so weeks to send back an application.

I wish I could reapply, but the Pound's appreciation has made my earnings drop below the threshold. Thus, I'm looking into the job route.

Hope this helps (and isn't too depressing).

Helena
Newly Registered

Post by Helena » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:34 pm

Hi guys!

I really do not understand how they (HO) are picking the cases as I applied in-country on the 23rd of September. Application has been refused on the 15th of March 2005. As I understand there are plenty of August and September applicants still waiting. Also refusals are more frequent now than before.

Good luck!