ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Maintenance Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit0277

Dependent Visa Maintenance Fund

Post by amit0277 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi All,

First of all I am really grateful to this forum which helped me a lot with my Tier visa application. I got my visa on Dec 1 08. I travelled to UK on
31 Jan 09. Now I am about to file dependent visa for my family. I have a query regarding the maintenance fund for my family.

Do I have to show maintenance fund for my family as well as my self since I am in UK for less than 12 months? i.e £1600 + £ 2800.

I have gone through the guidance note and immigration rule listed on ukvisa site but it is not called out that main application has to show the maintenance fund again in case he in UK for less than 12 months and he is filing visa for his family.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Amit

push
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Visa Maintenance Fund

Post by push » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:27 pm

amit0277 wrote:Hi All,

First of all I am really grateful to this forum which helped me a lot with my Tier visa application. I got my visa on Dec 1 08. I travelled to UK on
31 Jan 09. Now I am about to file dependent visa for my family. I have a query regarding the maintenance fund for my family.

Do I have to show maintenance fund for my family as well as my self since I am in UK for less than 12 months? i.e £1600 + £ 2800.

I have gone through the guidance note and immigration rule listed on ukvisa site but it is not called out that main application has to show the maintenance fund again in case he in UK for less than 12 months and he is filing visa for his family.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Amit
Answer is: £1600 + £ 2800

Hope this will help:
If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:13 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
amit0277 wrote:Hi All,

Any thoughts?

Regards
Amit
Answer is: £1600 + £ 2800

Hope this will help:
If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.

I have raised a similar question to Chennai High Commission. I got a reply that I need to show only £1600.. Its confusing... I will call home office and get it clarified.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 pm

If that was true a number of people who were short of maintenance funds for their dependents would have applied for the main applicant only, received the VISA and thereafter applied for the dependents using the same funds. Isn't it? But if you have time and prefer hearing something from Ho, then there is no harm in sending them an email. Btw, i have quoted from UKBA website only.
regards,
push

saidi
Newly Registered

Post by saidi » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:42 pm

You need to show 1600 + 800 pounds, please go through dependant guidance.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:53 pm

saidi wrote:You need to show 1600 + 800 pounds, please go through dependant guidance.
Please revisit the guidance notes. The member has been in UK for less than 12 months.
regards,
push

lt_hsmp
Newly Registered

show in ur depedent account

Post by lt_hsmp » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:38 am

hi..
i got my visa last week.. i shown my own account 4 maintainence .. which was maintained 3 month as per rules...

if any query pl contact...
best of luck

push
United Kingdom

Re: show in ur depedent account

Post by push » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:48 am

lt_hsmp wrote:hi..
i got my visa last week.. i shown my own account 4 maintainence .. which was maintained 3 month as per rules...

if any query pl contact...
best of luck
Is that the question being discussed?
regards,
push

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:22 am

amit0277 wrote: I have raised a similar question to Chennai High Commission. I got a reply that I need to show only £1600.. Its confusing... I will call home office and get it clarified.
I wouldn't beleive any replies from Chennai High Commission(especially). Follow the guidelines and show funds as suggested by it. Guidance notes is the only Bible/Black Book to this. Chennai High Commission is hopeless.

Don't beleive even if Chennai HC say Sun rises in East. :-) Sorry I am too harsh but thats what Chennai HC has reputation.

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Just got a mail from Home Office....

--------------
Dear Mr Sharma,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that you only need to show the maintenance fund for the applicants applying for Entry Clearance (leave to enter) or if in country further leave to remain.

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:15 pm

amit0277 wrote:Just got a mail from Home Office....

--------------
Dear Mr Sharma,

Please be advised that you only need to show the maintenance fund for the applicants applying for Entry Clearance (leave to enter) or if in country further leave to remain.

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency
can you post your email to UKBA too?
regards,
push

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:18 pm

push_hsmp wrote:

--------------
Dear Mr Sharma,

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

Sorry I mean I have got this reply from ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk and not from home office

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:23 pm

amit0277 wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

--------------
Dear Mr Sharma,

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

Sorry I mean I have got this reply from ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk and not from home office
He meant to say, can you post your actual enquiry email as well ?

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:27 pm

gotcha wrote:
amit0277 wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

--------------
Dear Mr Sharma,

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

I have send following email to UKBA:

I am planning to apply for dependent visa for my wife and daughter from India. I need an clarification for the maintenance fund requirement. I am currently working in UK on Tier 1 (General) Visa. I have arrived in UK on 31 Jan 2009. I understand I need to show £1600 for each dependent. Do I again also need to show maintenance fund for myself (i.e. £2800)? I would be really grateful if you can clarify my doubt.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:14 pm

amit0277 wrote:
gotcha wrote:
amit0277 wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

I am planning to apply for dependent visa for my wife and daughter from India. I need an clarification for the maintenance fund requirement. I am currently working in UK on Tier 1 (General) Visa. I have arrived in UK on 31 Jan 2009. I understand I need to show £1600 for each dependent. Do I again also need to show maintenance fund for myself (i.e. £2800)? I would be really grateful if you can clarify my doubt.
Hello,
This in itself is a confusin situation. I had my visa for TIER 1 approved within UK last week. I am applying for my spouse from India. To the best of my knowledge and with help of all qualified solicitor, I can confirm that the 1600GBP per dependent will be more than enough, i.e no need for your own maintanance funds... To the best of my knowledge (as confirm inw riting by HO, UK) we can produce more than 1 bank statement to combine the saving/fund upto 1600 pounds.
All,
Please share your findings

Ta,
R

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:30 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
amit0277 wrote:
gotcha wrote:
amit0277 wrote:

Hello,
This in itself is a confusin situation. I had my visa for TIER 1 approved within UK last week. I am applying for my spouse from India. To the best of my knowledge and with help of all qualified solicitor, I can confirm that the 1600GBP per dependent will be more than enough, i.e no need for your own maintanance funds... To the best of my knowledge (as confirm inw riting by HO, UK) we can produce more than 1 bank statement to combine the saving/fund upto 1600 pounds.
All,
Please share your findings

Ta,
R
1600 is fine..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:53 am

I will still be cautious on the response you have got from UKBA because it seems to suggest that once the main applicant got his EC he can use the same funds to meet maintenance funds criteria of the dependents. Please see this from the UKBA website:
The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants.
Last edited by push on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push

saidi
Newly Registered

Post by saidi » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:37 pm

If you are in India then you need to maintain 1600 + 2800, even if you have already got the visa.

If you are in UK[ < 1year] then need to maintain 1600 pounds for ur wife and funds for ur self i.e 800 pounds, so total 1600 + 800.

need to show 2800pounds only if you are in India.

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:40 pm

push_hsmp wrote:

I will still be cautious on the response you have got from UKBA because it seems to suggest that once the main applicant got his EC he can use the same funds to meet maintenance funds criteria of the dependents. Please see this from the UKBA website:
The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants.
Agreed... The main applicant cannot show the same account used for his/her visa processing... But still the question remains the same. Whether to show 2800 again or not.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:49 pm

amit0277 wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

Agreed... The main applicant cannot show the same account used for his/her visa processing... But still the question remains the same. Whether to show 2800 again or not.
Adding on to the misery - Please xplain -

I was in UK for 6 years on student visa.
My wife had been in uk for over 1.5 years (under student dependent) but she couldnt stay back when i applied due to some unfortunate reason and hence i have to apply seprately now
I showed x acc whilst transitioning from Stu -> TIER 1 General with min of 1700 Pounds in my account in 3 months
Visa approved on 24th March 2009
Applying for my wife tomorrow (under dependent, from Ahmedabad, Gunarat, India)
HO as well as VFS in india confirm the 1600 GBP as a balance. Any accounts accepted as long as it is under either main applicant (my wife) or under sponsor (myself) or account jointly owned
I am using same statement as what I used for myself.
Diff is - When i applied, I showed x acc between 3/11/2008 - 02/02/2009
with my wife, I am showing 23/12/2008 - 30/03/2009 - SAME NATWEST ACCOUNT

Now if the above is not true - and HO ask for
A - a diff bank acc than the one used for main applicant
B - where do i fall - 800 pounds or 1600 pounds for myself + my maintanance for my wife? ie (is it 800+1600)
C - what about HO been giving out false information, left right and centre?

x

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:10 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
amit0277 wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

Adding on to the misery - Please xplain -

I was in UK for 6 years on student visa.
My wife had been in uk for over 1.5 years (under student dependent) but she couldnt stay back when i applied due to some unfortunate reason and hence i have to apply seprately now
I showed x acc whilst transitioning from Stu -> TIER 1 General with min of 1700 Pounds in my account in 3 months
Visa approved on 24th March 2009
Applying for my wife tomorrow (under dependent, from Ahmedabad, Gunarat, India)
HO as well as VFS in india confirm the 1600 GBP as a balance. Any accounts accepted as long as it is under either main applicant (my wife) or under sponsor (myself) or account jointly owned
I am using same statement as what I used for myself.
Diff is - When i applied, I showed x acc between 3/11/2008 - 02/02/2009
with my wife, I am showing 23/12/2008 - 30/03/2009 - SAME NATWEST ACCOUNT

Now if the above is not true - and HO ask for
A - a diff bank acc than the one used for main applicant
B - where do i fall - 800 pounds or 1600 pounds for myself + my maintanance for my wife? ie (is it 800+1600)
C - what about HO been giving out false information, left right and centre?

x
We all are in same boat... So I would suggest sent an email to UKBApublicenquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk for clarification. I am also planning to apply for dependent visa. But I will proceed with the application once all my doubts are over. I would suggest you too clarify your doubts as a good amount of hard earned money is involved.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:13 pm

i hv a written confirmation from HO (to n from same email as u quoted) as well as VFS. i will go ahead, if nething goes wrng i hv things in wrtting frm their advisor
x

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:21 pm

raxs1983 wrote:i hv a written confirmation from HO (to n from same email as u quoted) as well as VFS. i will go ahead, if nething goes wrng i hv things in wrtting frm their advisor
x
Ok. By the way VFS is not the right body to give advice on immigration matters. Email from HO is the one you should trust.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:57 pm

amit0277 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:i hv a written confirmation from HO (to n from same email as u quoted) as well as VFS. i will go ahead, if nething goes wrng i hv things in wrtting frm their advisor
x
Ok. By the way VFS is not the right body to give advice on immigration matters. Email from HO is the one you should trust.
I hear you - thanks for that

however, if a person is in india, i belv his/her ONLYL point of contact will be High Commission. When I said VFS, I actually meant BHC

Ta,
x

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:19 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
amit0277 wrote:
x
I hear you - thanks for that

however, if a person is in india, i belv his/her ONLYL point of contact will be High Commission. When I said VFS, I actually meant BHC

Ta,
x
All the best and keep us posted if you have any updates.