ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HALP !! Q concerning Overstay/deportation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Relocating
Newly Registered

HALP !! Q concerning Overstay/deportation

Post by Relocating » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi

My visa extension was rejected late last month but the visa had expired Nov 2008 (the home office had my passport all the while since October when I applied).

The rejection letter did not state ANY time frame for me to leave. It simply gives me information about leaving voluntarily/involuntarily without saying when they want me to leave.

The thing is, I AM going home(YAY ! better late than never ) but since I have all my belongings (lived here since the last eight years) to pack and put in cargo, it will take atleast a month to sort everything out.

I was wondering how long I have to leave without being branded OVERSTAYED on my butt or be deported.

help!

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: HALP !! Q concerning Overstay/deportation

Post by maheshnair » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Relocating wrote:Hi

My visa extension was rejected late last month but the visa had expired Nov 2008 (the home office had my passport all the while since October when I applied).

The rejection letter did not state ANY time frame for me to leave. It simply gives me information about leaving voluntarily/involuntarily without saying when they want me to leave.

The thing is, I AM going home(YAY ! better late than never ) but since I have all my belongings (lived here since the last eight years) to pack and put in cargo, it will take atleast a month to sort everything out.

I was wondering how long I have to leave without being branded OVERSTAYED on my butt or be deported.

help!

If you stayed 8 years , were you not eligible for ILR .
God that is a very bad situation you are in ......

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:33 pm

I read somewhere something about if you leave within 28 days past your visa expiry, you are not considered an overstayer. The same may apply to this case as well. PLEASE NOTE I HAVE NO REFERENCES FOR THIS AND IT IS JUST OPINION!

Perhaps it might be worth sending an email to the Home Office or a phone call. With the email you have official documentation which you can use in the future if you are asked questions on entry clearance etc.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: HALP !! Q concerning Overstay/deportation

Post by yasa » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:08 am

Relocating wrote:Hi

help!
in 28 days without being stamped overstayed.... by da way y u got rejected and if u r really happy to go back then y u stayed for 8 long years :lol:

Relocating
Newly Registered

Post by Relocating » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Was trying to stay away from the in-laws ,yasa.

thanx for the information,everyone.

btw, would the officers at the immigration desk in the airport check the visa status before letting me board the flight?

i dont remember them going through the passport . i reckon they just check my ticket and identity?

any opinions?

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:38 pm

I have not experianced any immigration control while leaving UK.... So you will be safe.... but i am sure your details will be in new eborders application.. so they will know if you have over stayed.. (though i am not sure if this application has gone live yet...) but you have 28 days to leave from the day of your rejection letter...

Just out of Curiousity was you t1 rejected?? and what was the reason?? did they give you right to apeal??

I understand you wish to leave the country voluntarily but yr experiance will be helpful for others...

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Relocating wrote:Was trying to stay away from the in-laws ,yasa.

thanx for the information,everyone.

btw, would the officers at the immigration desk in the airport check the visa status before letting me board the flight?

i dont remember them going through the passport . i reckon they just check my ticket and identity?

any opinions?
No one bothers you when you are trying to leave. It's when you want to return in the future that the departure date stamp is looked at.

Relocating
Newly Registered

Post by Relocating » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:36 pm

my visa was refused on the basis that i had an undisclosed driving conviction(ban of one year). in all fairness to the HO, its within their right to reject. BUT.. my previous extension went through without a hitch under the SAME circumstances.
they have a problem with THIS one.

honestly, that ban was finished three years ago and i REALLY didnt know that i had to disclose it because i thought since the ban was lifted after a year of conviction, there is no reason to disclose.

they did give me a right of appeal.. but i think it is time to go home where i dont have to explain and 'get permission' to stay. surprising thing is i find myself missing UK already. it has been home for so long and i had a great time here. if i stay here longer, it will be that harder to leave. (staying forever was never part of the plan)

*shrug* .. que sera sera !

Relocating
Newly Registered

Post by Relocating » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:42 pm

@ nksg

could you tell me when you left UK? i mean.. is it in recent times?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Relocating wrote:@ nksg

could you tell me when you left UK? i mean.. is it in recent times?
I seen sometimes, there are some officers T3 checking passports. I seen last time them there in Oct. They do not stamp passport , but may be checking validity, expiry date etc.