ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 prospective earning question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PBS123

Tier 2 prospective earning question

Post by PBS123 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 am

Hi everyone

Due to recent changes to Tier 1 (General) rules I am unable to apply under this category so my only option is to apply under Tier 2 (General) for work permit. I have been working for my employer for more than 6 months and I have IGS visa therefore there is no need for resident labour market test and I score 30 points for switching from IGS and I also score 10 points for my Bachelor degree and I need to score 10 points for prospective earning in order to achieve 50 points required for attributes. My initial contract is for 18,000 PA however I am due for a new contract in 2 weeks time my question is if for my new contract I get 20,000 PA salary will HO give me 10 points for prospective earning or will they give me only 5 points based on my initial contract and my past 6 months wage slips.

Thanks in advance

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 prospective earning question

Post by yasa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:03 pm

PBS123 wrote:Hi everyone

Due to recent changes to Tier 1 (General) rules I am unable to apply under this category so my only option is to apply under Tier 2 (General) for work permit. I have been working for my employer for more than 6 months and I have IGS visa therefore there is no need for resident labour market test and I score 30 points for switching from IGS and I also score 10 points for my Bachelor degree and I need to score 10 points for prospective earning in order to achieve 50 points required for attributes. My initial contract is for 18,000 PA however I am due for a new contract in 2 weeks time my question is if for my new contract I get 20,000 PA salary will HO give me 10 points for prospective earning or will they give me only 5 points based on my initial contract and my past 6 months wage slips.

Thanks in advance
you will get 10 points if your employer shows that u will get £20,000 with your existing/future contract.
hope this helps

radar79
Newly Registered

Post by radar79 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi, the points for earnings refer to your prospective earnings. Think of the start date of your new Tier 2 visa as the start date of the "new" job. If you can prove that by the time you switch to Tier 2 you will be earning £20,000, you should get the 10 points you need. A letter from your employer and/or a new employment contract should be enough.

PBS123

Post by PBS123 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:35 am

Yasa and radar79

Thank you both for your replies, I think I am clear about this now.

Regards'

PBS123

nyaram
Newly Registered

URGENTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!

Post by nyaram » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:07 am

Hi all,

I'm in a similar situation and my current sal is £17 k but will not be £20,000 when the application is made.....is there still any chance for me getting Tier2

All the other requirements are satisfied for my applicaiton as I have a Masters degree and been working under the same employer since 1 yr.

Please advise.