ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR v/s British Citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moni69
Newly Registered

ILR v/s British Citizenship

Post by moni69 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:57 am

Hello Everyone,

I had been granted ILR more than a year ago, and now is the time for me to apply for British Citizenship, but I am emotionally confused as to go ahead or not ??? :(

Personally my Indian Citizenship is my identity, and I DO NOT want to loose it...I have 2 children (10 and 15), will they be charged with International Student Fee in the University or the Fee for the local British Student ???

What are the benefits of having British Citizenship over having ILR ??

Can someone please HELP, I am sure that some of you would have gone through with this dilemma before..

Thanks for your help.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:36 pm

As you know, most situations require you to forego your Indian citizenship should you obtain another citizenship. Most Indians I know whom obtain another citizenship, typically get overseas citizenship for india so I dont see how you are giving up anything

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Re: ILR v/s British Citizenship

Post by global gypsy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:46 pm

moni69 wrote:What are the benefits of having British Citizenship over having ILR ??
I believe this has been discussed to quite some extent here before.
Suggest you do a search of the forum.