ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

post study visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahad

post study visa

Post by fahad » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:45 pm

I finished my degree in Sep 2008 and I know I have 12 month from to apply for post study visa so i haven't apply yet . I done my degree from queen marry university.

I want to know can I still apply for post study visa with new rules .

trahar2003
Newly Registered

Post by trahar2003 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:03 pm

of course you can apply the rule remains the same but be watchful of the maintainence funds things (3 months £800)

chilbuli

Post by chilbuli » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:13 pm

u better keeep funds for atleast 4 months at the safe side so they wont have any lame excuse 2 refuse u and make sure in those 4 months u dun drop even a single penny...i got my PSW in last october wen there was a rule of 1 month funds but i kept it 4 three months just 2 make sure they wont have any reason 2 refuse ...so yea ur eligible 2 applyy anytime until sep 2009 so u still got 4-5 months ..better u keep maintining ur balance from rite now !

A

Post by A » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Fahad,

I'm guessing you're referring to the rule change regarding the non-acceptance of PG Dips and Certs now, right? So the answer to your question depends on what course you studied. If it was one of the no longer accepted PG courses then no, you wouldn't be able to apply, as far as I understand. But if it was a BA or Masters of PhD, then yes, you could well apply, so long as you fulfill all the other requirements of course. It's important to constantly keep reading the UKBA website for updates, as the rules change quite often.

Best of luck,
A.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: post study visa

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:36 pm

fahad wrote:I finished my degree in Sep 2008 and I know I have 12 month from to apply for post study visa so i haven't apply yet . I done my degree from queen marry university.

I want to know can I still apply for post study visa with new rules .
if its bachelors or masters then u can apply with £800 for three months without being dropped a single penny. Do a cover letter stating everything with a three month bank statement as from which date u want your statement to be considered...