ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Help Required - I had a gap of continuous 115 dys

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

northumboy
Newly Registered

ILR Help Required - I had a gap of continuous 115 dys

Post by northumboy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Hello,

Can some one please help me with my situation.

I came to uk in May 2004 on Work Permit and went back to india on offshore work in Jan 2005 and came back to UK in April 2005 after a gap of 115 days, no change in job status or work permit.

Now i am thinking of applying for ILR as i am completing 5 yrs in the cuntry, can some one please help me on how can i develop a business case fot the gap.

Many Thanks

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:59 pm

You can try the option of getting a letter from your employer saying that you went on a business trip to india. Couple of my friends were under the same case as yours and the letter worked.

northumboy
Newly Registered

Post by northumboy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Many Thanks Satish.

Will you be able to provide a format of the required letter or the contact details of the people who are through with this method.

Much appreciated Satish.