ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting my aunt for a visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pinky22

Inviting my aunt for a visit

Post by pinky22 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:40 pm

i am planning on inviting my aunt to help me with my baby after giving birth. i want to sponsor her stay and everything, i would like her to apply for a visiting visa as she will be here for more than 4months.
can someone please tell me how to go on about it and how much i need to have in my acount to do this. my parents are over here but my mum is very busy with work and as its my first i would like someone older to be around me all the time.
she would be comin from nigeria, she doesnt work so have no bank account and stuff like that, she lives in the village so all the proof they need has to be coming from me. any help at all will be apprieciated.
thanks guys

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:02 pm

You can invite her on visitor visa and in the invitation letter just mention that she is visiting you and to have a sight seeing tour of London and will be staying not more than 4 to 8 weeks. Dont mention that she is coming to look after you baby ( as Nanny ) because there is different procedure to invite nanny. She can stay maximum of 6 months.

You need to show sufficient funds in your bank. The usual proof you need to submit such as bank statement, address proofs and your passport copy ( visa status if you are foreigner)

Hope this will help you