ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partner Visa - Help Please, Evidencing Unmarried P

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aussie123
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partner Visa - Help Please, Evidencing Unmarried P

Post by aussie123 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:50 am

Hi All

I am considering at some stage in the future trying to get a work permit (another issue). I would like to bring my de-facto (as they call it in Australia) along as opposed to abandonment!

Can someone please provide advice on evidencing unmarried partners? I have the following queries

1) What evidence is required and how much?
2) I understand joint accounts are amongst the best evidence? My partner and I regularly transact on a joint bank account although we only usually maintain a fluctuating balance of only a few hundred Australian dollars, regularly topping it up - does this detract from the quality of this evidence?
3) Does separate correspondence to our address count as proof to show we are living together? That is, if my partner receives correspondence, and I receive correspondence at the same address, does this count as supporting evidence of an unmarried partner? Or do both names have to appear on the correspondence?
4) Can anyone provide a link to some detailed information on the level of evidence required?

If someone with expertise in this area could respond, it would be appreciated!!!

Thanks....

AncientAlien

Re: Unmarried Partner Visa - Help Please, Evidencing Unmarri

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:40 am

aussie123 wrote:Hi All

I am considering at some stage in the future trying to get a work permit (another issue). I would like to bring my de-facto (as they call it in Australia) along as opposed to abandonment!

Can someone please provide advice on evidencing unmarried partners? I have the following queries

2) I understand joint accounts are amongst the best evidence? My partner and I regularly transact on a joint bank account although we only usually maintain a fluctuating balance of only a few hundred Australian dollars, regularly topping it up - does this detract from the quality of this evidence?
3) Does separate correspondence to our address count as proof to show we are living together? That is, if my partner receives correspondence, and I receive correspondence at the same address, does this count as supporting evidence of an unmarried partner? Or do both names have to appear on the correspondence?
4) Can anyone provide a link to some detailed information on the level of evidence required?

If someone with expertise in this area could respond, it would be appreciated!!!

Thanks....
Hi Good people

I know some us us are struggling with finances and some can't even get a job until they get a decision with their passports from the HO. Therefore, it is EXPENSIVE calling those 0870/0845xxxxxxxxx numbers that the Home office generally provides.
Don't give up, now you can call Home Office for free, just check out www.saynoto0870.com and you will be provided with a local 0208/0151/0161xxxxxx number where you can contact HO for FREE! The actual number is 01516725626. (But log on to www.saynoto0870.com and confirm for yourself)
Especially if you have a pay monthly home or mobile telephone contract. You can still call from a pay as you go mobile but the charge rate will be like you are calling your neighbour next door on any 0208xxxxxxxx number.
Good luck Razz
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning

aussie123
Newly Registered

Re: Unmarried Partner Visa - Help Please, Evidencing Unmarri

Post by aussie123 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:51 am

Hi

Can someone please provide a helpful answer???

AncientAlien wrote:
aussie123 wrote:Hi All

Thanks....
Hi Good people

I know some us us are struggling with finances and some can't even get a job until they get a decision with their passports from the HO. Therefore, it is EXPENSIVE calling those 0870/0845xxxxxxxxx numbers that the Home office generally provides.
Don't give up, now you can call Home Office for free, just check out www.saynoto0870.com and you will be provided with a local 0208/0151/0161xxxxxx number where you can contact HO for FREE! The actual number is 01516725626. (But log on to www.saynoto0870.com and confirm for yourself)
Especially if you have a pay monthly home or mobile telephone contract. You can still call from a pay as you go mobile but the charge rate will be like you are calling your neighbour next door on any 0208xxxxxxxx number.
Good luck Razz