ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC for wife some questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baskey

EC for wife some questions

Post by baskey » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:45 pm

Dear All,

As i have mentioned in the previous posts that i have got HSMP approval. I am now living in Germany. My wife is working here. I dont want to leave her job without me finding job and settling in a place in the UK. I also do not know, how long will it take.

In this situation, what will be the best solution without violating HSMP regulations. Like what is the maximum period within which she MUST join me? Or She could enter UK and again go back to Germany,( if it is OK) or any other better solutions for my problems?

I look forward your comments/ advice from you all.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:52 pm

Your wife would noramlly be able to enter the UK anytime during the validity of her HSMP dependent visa. However given that you got additional points through her, she is expected to accompany you or join you in the UK - this would be typically evaluated at HSMP renewal stage and is most likely to be an issue if you have failed to establish yourself economically by then.

axer
Newly Registered

Post by axer » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:02 pm

Kayalami

In the other case, - without points through wife, your opinion ? thanks

baskey

Post by baskey » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:25 pm

Dear Kayalami,

Many thanks for your prompt answer.
Kayalami wrote:Your wife would noramlly be able to enter the UK anytime during the validity of her HSMP dependent visa.
That means she could enter say by worst case few weeks before her one year visa expiry and then got the approval and again go back to Germany. It may sound like a stupid idea but i would like to know where is the control point. It is very simple to shuttle bet'n germany and UK with having both the visa on the passport.
Kayalami wrote: However given that you got additional points through her, she is expected to accompany you or join you in the UK - this would be typically evaluated at HSMP renewal stage
Yes, i have got additional points( 75 pts) but without her 10 Points also i have got 65 points. So can i able to justify this way?

Kayalami wrote: most likely to be an issue if you have failed to establish yourself economically by then.
If i have enough money and proofs that i have applied and tried for the job vigorously during my stay. Will it be sufficient for renewal stage? ( Even though actually i dont wish to be without job and family, i would like to know the regulations.

Thanking you again,

Cheers,