ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please respond - Urgently need your assistance for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srikanthr05
Newly Registered

Please respond - Urgently need your assistance for HSMP

Post by srikanthr05 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:35 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the US planning to mail in my HSMP application before end-April. However I was in India until February and arranged all the documents (including address proof, salary slips, tax papers, bank statements, address proof for spouse) by then.

My question is: Can I send in my appl. with all the address proof being that of my residence in india (which is now under lock and key) and provide them my US address for correspondence? Will the UK office return my documents to the US address then? And will they send across the approval (being optimistic!) to my US address as well?

Please note that my salary information is for the 12 months upto January 2005 - will I be required to submit my US salary info as well?? I am claiming earnings points under the 'India' category.

Second query -

How are earnings points calculated if one spends, say 9 months in a year in india and is paid there - and then is deputed to the US and receives pay for the next 3 months in US dollars. Against which table must one claim eligibility then ??

Thanks! Do post your replies soon!

Sri

srikanthr05
Newly Registered

RE: Urgent assistance needed

Post by srikanthr05 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:54 am

MODERATORS : Can you please offer your guidance - I havent got any replies yet.

Thanks.

dj_iv
Newly Registered

Re: Please respond - Urgently need your assistance for HSMP

Post by dj_iv » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:01 am

srikanthr05 wrote: Second query -

How are earnings points calculated if one spends, say 9 months in a year in india and is paid there - and then is deputed to the US and receives pay for the next 3 months in US dollars. Against which table must one claim eligibility then ??
7.3.6 If you have lived in more than one country during the past 12 months we will normally assess your income against the country where you have spent the longest period, on a pro-rata basis. In addition, if you have been seconded overseas and your salary continues to be paid elsewhere, the country where you receive your salary would normally be considered. For example if you have spent 8 of the last 12 months in the United Kingdom and 4 in Nigeria, we will take your earned income in the United Kingdom divide it by eight and multiply it by 12 to give an
annual income figure. You will then be allocated points appropriate to that figure.

srikanthr05
Newly Registered

RE: Urgent

Post by srikanthr05 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:48 pm

Thanks DJ. The salary part is pretty clear now.

Anyone out there who can help with my ADDRESS queries ?!!!

Another important question I have is :

Can I send across notary-certified copies of all documents INSTEAD of the originals?? I have the originals but am just wary about parting with them - especially after seeing a lot of posts that have to do with not receiving them back.