ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK to marry BG

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matt
Newly Registered

UK to marry BG

Post by matt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:47 am

HI, i feel im in the right area here with this question and i hope somebody can shed some light on this for me.
My Girlfriend is Bulgarian and came to the UK to live with me about 7 months ago, after the long hard drawn battle to gain her employment we eventually realised it basically impossible for bulgairans/romanians to gain employment unless its a highly skilled job. (after all the BR1 forms and everything) so....
shes returned to BG for a couple of months, but because our relationship is strong and we want to be together i want to know how easy is the process if i marry her in a registry office in order for her to gain uk citizenship and then obtain a NI number and the right to work in the UK, i think this is the only possibility and im sure there or other people out there thats gone through the same as we have with no advice or help!
Matt

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:53 pm

You can marry her and apply for a 2 year spouse visa. She'll still be a long way off being able to apply for British Citizenship, but as your wife she'll be able to work without restriction. Wait for confirmation as to whether she needs to apply to the Home Office for a COA to marry in the UK.