ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My leave to remain is expired, what should i do?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

max2009
Newly Registered

My leave to remain is expired, what should i do?

Post by max2009 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:03 pm

My 3 years leave to remain was expired on jun 2008, at the same time i sent my application for an extention, for further leave to remain, and since then i haven't heared anything...what should i do now, its nearly 10 months, no reploy from Home Office...more importantly, since it was expired, i'm not allowed to work....

anandsun

Post by anandsun » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi max,
Have you tried calling the HO and asking them for the status of your application? It seems unusual for them to take that long. Try sending them an urgent treatment fax.

Cheers.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Your previous leave is "treated as continuing".
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

max2009
Newly Registered

Post by max2009 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 pm

anandsun wrote:Hi max,
Have you tried calling the HO and asking them for the status of your application? It seems unusual for them to take that long. Try sending them an urgent treatment fax.

Cheers.
I'm not sure if i contact the HO myself since i have a solicitor/caseworker.
I contacted my solicitor on the other day, he said its unsual as well and i don't know why is taking so long and said i will contact them again. Some friends around me say, they HO at least should have sent you a confirmation of your application within 10 days of receiving your application. But since then nearly a year/10mths i have't recieved any respond. I'm just worried, i'm thinking that is it a problem with my caseworker? shall i change him to someone else? not sure what to do, more importantly i need a work permit....

anandsun

Post by anandsun » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Max,
Sorry to say this, but I think your solicitor may be taking you for a ride. As you correctly said, the HO would have sent a response letter to your solicitor as soon as they received your application. As a first step, I would ask the solicitor a copy of that letter which will also have your case reference number. This is very important if you want to contact the HO. This will also prove that the solicitor had actually sent the application on time. Once you get this number, call the HO to get a first hand information of what actually is going on.

Wish you all the best.

max2009
Newly Registered

Post by max2009 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:01 pm

anandsun wrote:Hi Max,
Sorry to say this, but I think your solicitor may be taking you for a ride. As you correctly said, the HO would have sent a response letter to your solicitor as soon as they received your application. As a first step, I would ask the solicitor a copy of that letter which will also have your case reference number. This is very important if you want to contact the HO. This will also prove that the solicitor had actually sent the application on time. Once you get this number, call the HO to get a first hand information of what actually is going on.

Wish you all the best.
Hi,

Thanks, but my solicitor has not recieved any letter from HO either. I asked him if he recieved anything from HO and he said no, and told me if you receive anything from HO, just let me know.
As far as i'm thinking, there might be a little problem. Because, 10 months ago, my solicitor was someone else, when eventually she sent my application for an extension to the HO, and after that since then there was no respond from my solicitor nor from HO, until 2 months ago i received a letter from some else my new casewroker in which he stated that from now on ill be handling your case and yes they both based within the same organisation. However, my new solicitor is not a proper or qualified case worker as they stated in the letter they had sent me that, he is working under supervision of someone else, but assured me that i don't have to worry about anything. Now i don't know if go to HO myself...or contact the head or manager of this organisation where my solicitor works, and say they should provide me with a proper and qualified case worker, so that he/she understand what is usual and unusual.....