ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP approved on UK salary + UK self Emplyd + India Self Emp

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vagabond4life

HSMP approved on UK salary + UK self Emplyd + India Self Emp

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Background

Period claimed : 01/02/2008 to 31/01/2009

Final Result : HSMP APPROVED

Working in UK on FTS with salary of £25,600. Salary required to reach 75 points was £26,000 after claiming all other points. £400 short :(

Worked as Self employed in Uk & India

Applied on 28/02/09 without supporting docs for India income as wanted application date to be before 01/03. Once docs received from India, sent a change of circumstances form as well selecting OTHER CHANGES but mentioned if the form not required just discard.

28/02/2009 Saturday : Application submitted

03/03/2009 Tuesday : Application reached HO

03/03/2009 Tuesday : Amount deducted from credit card

05/03/2009 Thursday : Acknowledgement received

05/03/2009 Thursday : Supporting docs received from India for India income

06/03/2009 Friday : Called HO and sent docs for India income to Vulcan House address as told by adviser.

06/04/2009 Monday : Visa stamped on passport

08/04/2009 Wednesday : Passport & docs received

08/04/2009 Wednesday : Also received credit card statement for £750. More than happy to pay :D

40 days Turn Around Time

Supporting Documents Attached

Masters degree : Graduation certificate & letter from univ

UK Salary

1. Payslips signed & stamped as online version
2. bank statements original.
(I never opt for online statements. I receive paper statements for all my utilities : Electricty, Landline, Mobile, Credit Cards, Bank Statement. As this is the way to provide original proof at visa application & renewal and no need to run from pillar to post at the last moment)

UK Self employed

1. Letter from client (individual) for services rendered and confirming paid by cheque
2. Bank statement original. (Forgot to attach a letter from CA but it did not matter at the end....lucky me)

India self employed

1. Letter from client confirming payment due for prof services. Paid by cheque after deducting TDS
2. Letter from my CA confirming payment received & deposited in bank and that this is nnet income
3. Bank statement

Please note that I was in UK for all the time for the periof claimed except for two 15 days holidays to India. The case worker did not give uplift ratio for India income though I had claimed. I also know of others who did not get uplift ratio as they were in UK all the time.

I was also lucky to get UK self employed points as the Case Workers Manual requires letter from accountant as well.
Last edited by vagabond4life on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Are you saying that you were successful in commiting a fraud and are now happy to help other do the same?

I thought the forum was meant for those looking to get their applications approved, complying with all the requirements (howsoever, unjustified they are) of HO in a legal and "above-board" manner?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:38 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Are you saying that you were successful in commiting a fraud and are now happy to help other do the same?
DID I MENTION I DID NOT PROVIDE SERVICES TO THE PEOPLE I HAD RECEIVED PAYMENTS FROM. AND DUDE ..sorry....raja harishchandra......IF I HAD TO COMMIT ANY FRAUD I WUD HAVE GONE TO THE SO CALLED IMMIGRATION CONSULTANTS.

AND YES I AM HAPPY TO HELP PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME IF THEY WISH.

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:45 pm

push_hsmp wrote: I thought the forum was meant for those looking to get their applications approved, complying with all the requirements (howsoever, unjustified they are) of HO in a legal and "above-board" manner?
I did exactly what you said COMPLYING with all the REQUIREMENTS (howsoever, unjustified they are in a LEGAL manner.

If all the people had a straight forward case, they wud'nt be coming here for advice.

I believe you have clear conscience of not doing ANYTHING wrong, immoral to PREACH others.

BTW I don't want to go into a dicussion about morality of life. Everyone has a choice and right to do things their own way even if someone thinks otherwise.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, ENJOY IT.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: HSMP approved on UK salary + UK self Emplyd + India Self

Post by maheshnair » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 am

vagabond4life wrote:Background

Period claimed : 01/02/2008 to 31/01/2009

Final Result : HSMP APPROVED

Working in UK on FTS with salary of £25,600. Salary required to reach 75 points was £26,000 after claiming all other points. £400 short :(

Worked as Self employed in Uk & India

Applied on 28/02/09 without supporting docs for India income as wanted application date to be before 01/03. Once docs received from India, sent a change of circumstances form as well selecting OTHER CHANGES but mentioned if the form not required just discard.

28/02/2009 Saturday : Application submitted

03/03/2009 Tuesday : Application reached HO

03/03/2009 Tuesday : Amount deducted from credit card

05/03/2009 Thursday : Acknowledgement received

05/03/2009 Thursday : Supporting docs received from India for India income

06/03/2009 Friday : Called HO and sent docs for India income to Vulcan House address as told by adviser.

06/04/2009 Monday : Visa stamped on passport

08/04/2009 Wednesday : Passport & docs received

08/04/2009 Wednesday : Also received credit card statement for £750. More than happy to pay :D

40 days Turn Around Time

Supporting Documents Attached

Masters degree : Graduation certificate & letter from univ

UK Salary

1. Payslips signed & stamped as online version
2. bank statements original.
(I never opt for online statements. I receive paper statements for all my utilities : Electricty, Landline, Mobile, Credit Cards, Bank Statement. As this is the way to provide original proof at visa application & renewal and no need to run from pillar to post at the last moment)

UK Self employed

1. Letter from client (individual) for services rendered and confirming paid by cheque
2. Bank statement original. (Forgot to attach a letter from CA but it did not matter at the end....lucky me)

India self employed

1. Letter from client confirming payment due for prof services. Paid by cheque after deducting TDS
2. Letter from my CA confirming payment received & deposited in bank and that this is nnet income
3. Bank statement

Please note that I was in UK for all the time for the periof claimed except for two 15 days holidays to India. The case worker did not give uplift ratio for India income though I had claimed. I also know of others who did not get uplift ratio as they were in UK all the time.

I was also lucky to get UK self employed points as the Case Workers Manual requires letter from accountant as well.
well some cases depends on the Case worker .
I remember a friend of mine who was short of few pounds (like 50 or 70 pounds) (dont remeber exactly) trying his luck and got his visa .

He just wrote in covering letter that he is short by 50 / 70 pounds
even i was surprised how come it worked .... He also attached a future job offer from another company which had a very high salary .....
dont know what made it work ......

world is strange . when he had no options left . he just tried his luck and got it ........

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:44 am

vagabond4life wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:Are you saying that you were successful in commiting a fraud and are now happy to help other do the same?
DID I MENTION I DID NOT PROVIDE SERVICES TO THE PEOPLE I HAD RECEIVED PAYMENTS FROM. AND DUDE ..sorry....raja harishchandra......IF I HAD TO COMMIT ANY FRAUD I WUD HAVE GONE TO THE SO CALLED IMMIGRATION CONSULTANTS.

AND YES I AM HAPPY TO HELP PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME IF THEY WISH.
Why have you changed your original post (edited thrice) after seeing my response then, selectively taking out bits which showed (atleast seemed to suggest) everything was not above board, especially the points re backdated registering and arranging payments from friends etc.?

Dont resort to name calling. I just asked you a simple question, not sure why you got so flared up??
regards,
push

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:19 pm

The reason I edited my post thrice is because people like you get wrong notions of how I went about doing my application. ( I gave detailed explanation so that people know this was a specific case and don't go about generalising)

I was trying to vlountarily help people with similar situation by telling what I did hence the detailed background. AND if you see I had a shortfall of just £400 and I was in a situation to earn income by working freelance both in India & UK.

I am also a freelance technical translator and earning £400 was not a big deal. I just wanted to tell people how I went about showing this income to satisfy HO requiremennt.

The reason I got 'flared up' because you blatantly accussed me of committing fraud without even reading the post properly. Nowhere I had mentioned I did not work. Nothing personal against you but you should have checked with me before posting your flared comment.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, ENJOY IT.

btw....lot of people have pm'd me asking qns and i m telling them how to go abt doing things within legal boundaries and i am not a consulatant :lol:
Last edited by vagabond4life on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:32 pm

push_hsmp wrote: quote]

Why have you changed your original post (edited thrice) after seeing my response then, selectively taking out bits which showed (atleast seemed to suggest) everything was not above board, especially the points re backdated registering and arranging payments from friends etc.?
And yes regarding backdated registering...HMRC gives you an option to register backdated upto 3 months and I had already started working freelance.

I had never quoted I took payments from friends. I don't know how you got that understanding. I had mentioned that I had taken payment by cheque from someone for some services.
Do you expect me to put full contact details of the firms I worked for alongwith nature of work??????

Basically you were thinking what you wanted to believe. This happens with all of us when we are prejudiced with something or want to believe something. ( I know there are consultants who do this and thats the reason I guess made you think the way you thought)

My only intention was to help people by letting them know how to show their freelance income by registering as self employed. Many people are unaware of this and even though have genuine income are not able to prove it for visa purpose.

I guess this wud satisfy your queries or do you intend to take me to court :lol: ....peace....lolzzzzz

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Well, I do not have benefit of seeing your original post now as you have already edited it and I can not therefore cite anything.

That said, as you have now clarified that what ever you did was legitimate and were/are willing to help people along those lines, I do not have any objections as such.

My observation was based on what your original post seemed to convey - may be the way you put it across originally was ambiguous or the way I interpreted it was wrong.

Lets move on
Last edited by push on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push

confusedhsmpholder
Newly Registered

Post by confusedhsmpholder » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Pls can u explain better how to go about claiming points as self employed as well as been in salaried employment. I know for the salary employment one has to show payslips and bank statement but not really sure about the self employed requirement i.e how do i register my business, evidence to show etc
Hoping to hear from you soonest.