ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got approved at last!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AxA
Newly Registered

Got approved at last!

Post by AxA » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:32 am

Hello,

After 9 months waiting I got the HSMP approval letter...

My details are:

Application sent: 26th June 2004
Applicatioin recieved: 28th June 2004
Payment: no payment (country (Romania) is exempt)
Points claimed: 65pts. (Education 25pts., Experience 25pts., Skilled spouse 5pts., Age 10pts.).
Ref.Num: 21xxx
Urgent treatment sent : 5th April 2005
(After 12th of June was posted on the website, I called HSMP to ask about my application - I was told that the file has not been processed yet, and because the date posted is after my received date I should fax in an "urgent treatment" request, stating that the date posted on the website is after my date. So I did so.)
Called again to HSMP: 20th April 2005. I was told my application was processed. Papers were sent in 8th April 2005, and the decision was successful. Points awarded: 65.
Documents received by mail: 22nd April 2005

Thank you all for your help!
Good luck to everyone!

Regards,
A.
Last edited by AxA on Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emma_peele
Newly Registered

Post by emma_peele » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:15 am

congratulations! wow the result is worth the wait!

cbobarna
Newly Registered

why took so long ?

Post by cbobarna » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:16 am

Hello everybody
Congratulations Axa

I’m wonder why took so long until you receive the approval letter. It is because you are from Romania?

Are the applications for HSMP treated different based on the country of applicant?

I’m from Romania and I also plan to apply for HSMP.
Can you give me some advices that are particular to Romanian applicants?

AxA
Newly Registered

Post by AxA » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:43 pm

Hi,

It took so long because I got stuck in the "june queue" - read some topics here for further details, it's a long story... Now they do have quite a short response time, something like one week.

They do not treat different the aplications, the only difference based on the home country that may occur is the fact that they might verify some data, and in some countrys this may take longer, but nothing to worry about.

Feel free to ask me anything else.

Regards,
A.

cbobarna
Newly Registered

Post by cbobarna » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:01 pm

Hi
For the moment I don’t have any more questions for time being. I will post my questions when I will know what to ask :D :D .
I must read carefully all the information available related to HSMP and after that I will be more active.

In fact I have a question: I work in Bucharest in an American company where the official language is English; I’m Microsoft certified professional after I completed technical examination in English.
I don’t know if these are enough to prove that I know English?

Thank you
C

AxA
Newly Registered

Post by AxA » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:32 pm

At the time I made the application I did not have more proof than that. Just previous working experience in an english speaking company, located in London, though. But I think you have enough proof, although you may want to ask some moderators here who know better. In the mean time, preparing for an unfortunately TIER application (if this HSMP not succesfull) I got an 8 mark at IELTS test (more details in Bucharest, British Council) but this is irrelevant for this decision.

Regards,
A.