ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Quince
Newly Registered

Please advice

Post by Quince » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Hello Folks

Surprise surprise!!!

NARIC has been quite unprecedented in terms of comparing non-UK Degrees to UK standards. What wonders me the most is that the very qualification which earned an HSMP candidate 30 points is now BIG 0

Strange world!!!

I would greatly appreciate any possible help regarding the below as to what NARIC thinks of the following degree stand in comparison to the prestigious UK standards

Degree: BSc (Hons) in Computer Sciences (4 year)
Institution: University of the Punjab, Lahore

Cheers!!

push
United Kingdom

Re: Please advice

Post by push » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 pm

Quince wrote:Hello Folks

Surprise surprise!!!

NARIC has been quite unprecedented in terms of comparing non-UK Degrees to UK standards. What wonders me the most is that the very qualification which earned an HSMP candidate 30 points is now BIG 0

Strange world!!!

I would greatly appreciate any possible help regarding the below as to what NARIC thinks of the following degree stand in comparison to the prestigious UK standards

Cheers!!
Why are you getting the Bachelors Degree compared now? Ho has changed the rules now and one needs to have a Master's Degree to qualify for Tier-1.

Did you apply to NARIC to get latter of comparability or you are quoting the results above based on points calculator?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:56 am

Masters from any university in Pakistan is not equal to UK Masters degrees. So technically no one from Pakistan, without Phd, can apply for Teir 1 (G) after 1st April. So you need Phd to apply for Tier 1 (G).
So even 4 years degree from University of the Punjab is not equal to Masters......Even if you do MS/MSc from any top University e.g. LUMS, NUST, GIK, FAST..

Surprise surprise!!!

Strange world!!!

Cheers!!
Thinking low is crime....

Quince
Newly Registered

Post by Quince » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks Bro,

It is very unfortunate for the talent in Pakistan looking to take part in International Economic Growth. I am not sure what makes them think that the top Universities in Pakistan are providing Substandard Education in comparison to their policies

It smells more politics than STUDY STANDARDS to be honest. I worked as a virtual Recruiter for many Fortune 500 companies in the UK and believe me Bro I know where the Talent is coming from (Its Asia, predominently India and Pakistan). England has less than 20% Techies as their National and rest of the force is from Asia.

Our guys (HSMP Status) clean sweeped Degree qualified Brits in many interviews I arranged with Logica, CapGemini, Atos, Warner Brothers and others and Guess what they were Graduates from Pakistan

Thank you once again for your help

keep in touch

Peace !!!

T_mahmood wrote:Masters from any university in Pakistan is not equal to UK Masters degrees. So technically no one from Pakistan, without Phd, can apply for Teir 1 (G) after 1st April. So you need Phd to apply for Tier 1 (G).
So even 4 years degree from University of the Punjab is not equal to Masters......Even if you do MS/MSc from any top University e.g. LUMS, NUST, GIK, FAST..

Surprise surprise!!!

Strange world!!!

Cheers!!

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Quince wrote:Thanks Bro,

It is very unfortunate for the talent in Pakistan looking to take part in International Economic Growth. I am not sure what makes them think that the top Universities in Pakistan are providing Substandard Education in comparison to their policies

It smells more politics than STUDY STANDARDS to be honest. I worked as a virtual Recruiter for many Fortune 500 companies in the UK and believe me Bro I know where the Talent is coming from (Its Asia, predominently India and Pakistan). England has less than 20% Techies as their National and rest of the force is from Asia.

Our guys (HSMP Status) clean sweeped Degree qualified Brits in many interviews I arranged with Logica, CapGemini, Atos, Warner Brothers and others and Guess what they were Graduates from Pakistan

Thank you once again for your help

keep in touch

Peace !!!

T_mahmood wrote:Masters from any university in Pakistan is not equal to UK Masters degrees. So technically no one from Pakistan, without Phd, can apply for Teir 1 (G) after 1st April. So you need Phd to apply for Tier 1 (G).

Surprise surprise!!!

Strange world!!!

Cheers!!
nice comment bro. u r quite rite about this fact.