ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

separation or divorce on 457 visa? Help!!!

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Atmiya
Newly Registered

separation or divorce on 457 visa? Help!!!

Post by Atmiya » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:36 pm

I am British currently living in Australia. My spouse entered on a subclass 457 visa last year which is valid for 4 years, he was sponsored by an employer who had offered him a job which he commenced last October and I I automatically was granted the same visa as his spouse, though I am not currently working.

I want to separate from my husband and rather than assume this just means I have to leave the country.... can anyone tell me where I stand regards staying here until we decide on what road to take. I worked so hard to get my husband here, to get us both here.... I feel it's so unfair that it leaves me no rights, but need to know where I stand urgently. Have been putting off making this decision for far to long.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 am

See a good migration agent immediately as you are in a vulnerable situation. If in Sydney, try George Lombard, 02 97990085.

Alternatively, try IARC: http://www.iarc.asn.au