ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Basic questions on EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baskey

Basic questions on EC

Post by baskey » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:52 am

Dear All,

I have the following questions before going for EC in Germany.

1. Is the Approval letter, Bank statment , Application VAF1- 2003, 2 photos and Passport of both of us alone sufficent to carry?

2. Is bank balance of 11K Euro ( ca. British Pounds 7370) would be sufficient to show?

3. Is the visa request should be for one year or 2 years. Because based on the earlier discussions on this forum that nowadays initial visa is given for 2 years. Is it true and whether applicable for all the British consulates?

4. I have left my current job before submitting HSMP application so under section 6 of application form,
can i write that currently unemployed ( the same was mentioned in the HSMP application) and all other related details as employer details, salary details as " Not applicable". Is it right?

5. Is it a MUST to attach Invitation letter from a friend in the U.K

Hope only this much as of now :)

Thanks for your feed back.

Regards,

baskey

Post by baskey » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:29 am

PLease.........Kayalami, Joseph, Cosmopol, Chess or any one answer my query.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

aa
Newly Registered

Post by aa » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:49 pm

Hi,

I am applying for EC in Germany. Can you help me with following questions?
- Do I need to show bank transactions of last 6/12 months or my balance will be sufficient in this case ? I will have a balance of 15K GBP in my savings account. I do not keep anything in my current account and move my savings to savings account each month. The bank statements or balance is in German language. Do I need to translate it into English ?

- In EC application form, I need to write my accommodation in UK. At this state I do not have any accommodation. Can I use my uncle's address ? In that case, do I need any thing from my uncle ?

I will apprecaite your reply.

Greetings and good luck.

baskey

Post by baskey » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:19 pm

1. As you are applying EC in Germany no need to translate your account statement. In my case i have shown about 11K euro from my saving book. I just attached my original saving pass book as my supporting document. they don't go deep like UK embassey in India. ( may be people in Duesseldorf know that you are already managing in Germany successfully!!) :D

2. I suggest get a invitation letter from your uncle stating that he could accomodate you initially till you settle in a job...( or some thing like that)
That is sufficient. If u r married take ur marriage certificate along with.

I dont think, it is a problem

Good luck. By the way r u a GC?

Regards,

LA_Mike

Post by LA_Mike » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:51 pm

My experience in the US was that the consulate staff were very helpful over the phone in telling me what documentation I need to bring. In my case they want:

1) a fully completed entry clearance application form VAF1

2) a genuine HSMP criteria approval issued by the HSMP Team of Work Permits UK

3) separate VAF1 forms for any dependants travelling with you who are not included on your passport

4) your valid passport or travel document

5) two passport-sized photographs

6) evidence that you will be able to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds,
e.g. bank statements, proof of proposed residence

7) the appropriate fee

I'm going this morning so we'll see.

aa
Newly Registered

Post by aa » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:53 pm

Hi Baskaran,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. You are right, I am a GC. Greetings from Germany.