ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The Best Easter Gift anyone could ever wish for!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AncientAlien

The Best Easter Gift anyone could ever wish for!!!

Post by AncientAlien » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Today (Easter Saturday), I, AncientAlien, got my passport & documents back from the HO with the 5 years Resident stamp on it! I applied in early August 2008 and submitted additional docs in Feb 2009. I wrote in and faxed a few 6months reminder letter and when I phoned in last week, they said "It is done..Your docs will be with you within so-so days" I thought I would have to wait until after Easter holiday but luckily Royalmail worked on Easter Saturday (My application was with return addressed recorded delivery envelope).
It was a long wait from when I applied but it was worth the effort and it was only 2 months later than expected,
I thank everyone who has been instrumental to my success and even those who were not so helpful. I am willing to help with any EEA2 related questions you may have and good luck to all applicants awaiting their documents.
Happy Easter Holiday & Walk good.
AncientAlien
:lol:
Last edited by AncientAlien on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning

jane13
Newly Registered

hi

Post by jane13 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Hey congrats on you rc..can i ask what sort of further docs they ask for? i have a friend who applied as eea2 (wife is austrian) an he called last week and was told case worker is working on his case, he applied in dec 2008 and received coa. they havent asked for more docs though..

AncientAlien

Re: hi

Post by AncientAlien » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:06 pm

:D
Last edited by AncientAlien on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning

AncientAlien

Re: hi

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:24 am

AncientAlien wrote:
jane13 wrote:Hey congrats on you rc..can i ask what sort of further docs they ask for? i have a friend who applied as eea2 (wife is austrian) an he called last week and was told case worker is working on his case, he applied in dec 2008 and received coa. they havent asked for more docs though..
Hi Jane
Basically they asked for my EEA wife's last 3 months payslip (to prove she was exercising her EEA treaty rights in the UK), also they requested THE ORIGINAL copy of Accession State Worker Registration Scheme, which is usually issued as soon as an EEA national registers to exercise his/her rights in the U.K. Most people are not told that this document will be required and most do not keep it safe or keep it at all! (Please get this document ready when you are approaching the 4 month mark into your application, it will make you life a lot easier) The golden rule with the HO here is you must keep all your documents etc 8)
HO never asked for nothing from me (being the non-EEA national), HO never asked for no photos or proof of address or even proof of cohabitation. I guess they must have done some background checks e.g, NI numbers, bank account details, Voter register and found that me and my wife made a genuine application as we live at same address and even have a joint bank account. Another point of interest is the fact that when I wrote letters after the 6 months mark, I made sure the letter were in 'soft' pleading tone rather than 'angry' threatening tone with regards to the fact that the HO was in violation of the EEA rules on the 6months limit.
Lest I forget, the HO also demanded the original payslips that my EEA wife used to qualify for the EEA Resdient registration process, you know, the original 12 months/1yr payslip that allows her to register on the scheme.
Then, over and above all these, HO asked us for my old passport and my wife's old passport. ( :roll: )
Concerning my wife's old passport, after we married in mid-2008, I had insisted that my wife changed her surname to my family name and this she did so that the passports submitted for the EEA2 application both had same surname on them, to show that we are really husband and wifey!
I was given 7 working days to submit my old passport and my wife's old travel documents, however, I had up to 21 days to submit all the other documents, please note that the old passports were the last docs requested by the blessed HO.
Good luck everyone.
Peace & Love :lol: