ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice needed - housing

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jane13
Newly Registered

advice needed - housing

Post by jane13 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi guys ,i applied for homeless application (due to my nass acommodation ended due to grant of leave) and they put me and my son in a hotel.im in west midlands .does anyone know how long it normally takes for them to offer housing? am worried might be there for a long time...thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:23 pm

There is a shortage of social housing in most parts of the country. Here in Birmingham they operate a points system, with points being allocated for different aspects of your circumstances. Obviously the more points someone has the greater chance of being offered permanent accommodation.

Can I ask, in which council area are you living?
John

jane13
Newly Registered

hi

Post by jane13 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:45 pm

yeah i take it they operate on a band system , i applied under sandwell council, on their website they say maximum should be six weeks, but have met some people there for 6 months :(