ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got it

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jazbaati99

Got it

Post by jazbaati99 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:44 pm

Hi All

Today I received my positive decision. Details are

In country application

HSMP applied: 29th March 2005
HSMP application received: 30th March 2005
Money deducted from bank account (via cheque): 7th April 2005
Reference Number received: 040XXX 13th April 2005
Documents & letter received: 22nd April 2005.

I am from Pakistan and I claimed a total of 65 points, the break down of which is as follows

Degree: 15 points Bachelors of Electrical Engineering from University of Engineering and Technology Lahore, Pakistan.
Evidence: Degree from the University

Work Experience: 25 points (6 years working experience)
Evidence: Letters from employers stating dates of joining and leaving and a breakdown of job responsibilities.

Earning power: 25 points
Evidence: Pay slips for last twelve months (all from UK companies) highlighting pre tax and post tax earnings
UK Bank Statements for last twelve months highlighting the amount credited (after tax) into the account.

I am currently working in UK on work permit with a telecommunication company and in my cover letter I stated that I will continue with current employer while looking for better opportunities.

Regarding my English language abilities, I just wrote a small paragraph highlighting the fact that the language of education in my University was English and I am working for the last three years in UK where of course the business language is English.

There was some confusion a couple of months ago whether a degree from Uet Lahore is equivalent to a bachelors degree of UK and I am happy to state that it has now been resolved with Naric and UET Lahore degree is equivalent to a bachelors degree in UK.

Many thanks to all of you for the invaluable advice available on this message board and best of luck to all future and current applicants.

dj_iv
Newly Registered

Post by dj_iv » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:18 pm

Hi jazbaati99!
Congratulation!
I’ve read you are working with a telecommunication company. Could you ask me a question, please?
I’ve got my HSMP approval 2 months ago. Now I’m preparing for Cisco CCNA exam. I’ve no experience at all in networking. How do you think is it possible to start working in the telecommunication company like yours for free? Just for experience! For few months, for example.
Thanks a lot!
Good luck!

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:35 pm

Hi Dj

To be honest, I don't have much idea about the networking side of things as my field is in RF planning and optimisation. What I would suggest to you is to keep looking at the websites of all the operators in UK. Have a look at the opportunities available on the web site and do apply. I went through the same process through there web site and was successful. Other then that please have a look at the job websites including www.jobserve.com, www.planetrecruit.com and www.monster.co.uk. Hope it helps

Cheers

dj_iv
Newly Registered

Post by dj_iv » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:10 pm

Thanks jazbaati99!
Good Luck!

narveer

Post by narveer » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:23 pm

dj_iv are you done with EC Clearance? I remember you saying few days ago that you are still waiting for EC Clearance approval.

dj_iv
Newly Registered

Post by dj_iv » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:07 am

Unfortunately I'm not! Still waiting for EC. But I hope I'll get it shortly.

b007
Newly Registered

congrats.

Post by b007 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:58 pm

Hi jazbaati99,
how to search a job in telecommunications field? one of my close friend has 3 years of experience in telecom but not in UK. so how to bank on that experience to get a job here in UK. how exactly he should proceed further and you have any tips for him?

I would be thankful to you for your suggestions.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:10 pm

Hi

As I stated above, your friend should look to the websites of the mobile operators in uk. There are five major players, Vodfone, Orange, T-Mobile, o2 and 3. Besides them there are quite a few consultant companies looking for good engineers like wfi and aircom, then there are loads of independent contracts available to the right candidate. Check the recruitment websites I mentioned above.

I didn't have any UK expereience before I was hired here. It all depends on requirements of a company and the skill set that you poses. Though having a UK expereience does help, not having one will should not cause major problems. The main issues that companies look into are your skill set and if you are authorized to work, which you are with an HSMP.

Hope it helps

Cheers

b007
Newly Registered

thanks..

Post by b007 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:16 am

thanks for your input. it will definitly help him in finding out a job.

sept22tdy
Newly Registered

UK Allowances included in Earnings

Post by sept22tdy » Tue May 24, 2005 5:16 pm

HI Jaazbaati99,
Wanted to ask u if u included your UK salary/allowance in u'r earnings ? they wudn't come in salary slips and Income tax staements ? so how did u handle that

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Tue May 24, 2005 6:28 pm

I am a bit confused by your question. I am working with UK companies in UK for last year and I included these pay slips with my application. I hope it clarifies your query.

Regards