ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aaa123
BANNED

ILR

Post by aaa123 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:59 pm

First of all thanks for replying to my previous topic; I would like to get information on following visa issue:

I had been on work permit for 2 years then I changed the job, but my company could not secure the work permit and I was required to leave UK. Later on my company secured the work permit, but all this process resulted in a gap of 5 months of period when I did not have any immigration status in the UK (and I was outside UK).

Can I apply for ILR after completing 3 years on existing work permit (as I have heard that one can apply for ILR if total continuous gap is less than 6 months).

Thanks.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: ILR

Post by maheshnair » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:07 pm

aaa123 wrote:First of all thanks for replying to my previous topic; I would like to get information on following visa issue:

I had been on work permit for 2 years then I changed the job, but my company could not secure the work permit and I was required to leave UK. Later on my company secured the work permit, but all this process resulted in a gap of 5 months of period when I did not have any immigration status in the UK (and I was outside UK).

Can I apply for ILR after completing 3 years on existing work permit (as I have heard that one can apply for ILR if total continuous gap is less than 6 months).

Thanks.

90 days outside UK , counter 0

u need to spend another 5 years .............

bani

Post by bani » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:10 pm

Please post in the correct forum. Work Permit is not Tier 1.

But I'll answer your question anyway. You can't apply for ILR. The five month wait reset your clock to zero. Also, even if you were on the same visa, you are only allowed 3 months continuous time out of the UK.