ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you study full-time on PSW?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bananafish

Can you study full-time on PSW?

Post by bananafish » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:56 pm

Hello all,

I just wanted to ask if I can study full-time on a PSW or will I have to go back to my home country to apply for the student visa?

The new rules for student visa are ridiculous. So I was thinking I could just use the PSW to study instead of going back to my country to make a student visa application.

Will it be possible to do this?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: Can you study full-time on PSW?

Post by Diokpa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:39 pm

bananafish wrote:Hello all,

I just wanted to ask if I can study full-time on a PSW or will I have to go back to my home country to apply for the student visa?

The new rules for student visa are ridiculous. So I was thinking I could just use the PSW to study instead of going back to my country to make a student visa application.

Will it be possible to do this?
Yes you can study full time on your psw visa.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

asha007
Newly Registered

Post by asha007 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:12 pm

No, full time study is not allowed on post study work visa. You may be able to study part time on PSW but confirm from the home office first as rules are not cleared about this.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 am

Although rules are not cleared but still one can study full time on PSW provided he finishes study on time and then get a good job to secure place for PBS...