ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Got Pregnant after applying for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijay
Newly Registered

Wife Got Pregnant after applying for HSMP

Post by vijay » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:56 pm

I have applied for HSMP. After applying I got to know my wife got pregnant. What should i do now?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:32 am

Vijay .... in what sense do you think it makes any difference to your HSMP application?
John

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:21 am

It doesn't matter. You don't "declare" your dependants until you apply for EC.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:49 pm

Just relax and wait for your decision in both cases :)
HSMP approval doesn't effect any way in your case either you claimed points in spouse category or not.

vijay
Newly Registered

Wife Pregnancy

Post by vijay » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:16 pm

Consider in the worst case, at maximum it takes 26 weeks to finalise the HSMP case. 26 Weeks means 6.5 months. I applied for HSMP on April 1, 2005. After applying I got to know my wife's pregnancy which was 9 weeks old. Suppose if I get the approval for HSMP, then still I have to wait for another a month or two to get EC from Pakistan. My doubt is whether at that time, my wife will be able to travel or will she be allowed to go without any hurdle? And also plz let me know do we have to pass medical tests? If yes then I dont think we will get green signal. Please also guide me if there is no hurdle in going with my wife even as pregnant, what should I do, should I depart for U.K or wait for the time my wife give birth to a new child in Pakistan? And if u think i should depart for UK then what are the advantages for my wife giving birth to a new child in UK? And what will be legal status of new born baby in UK? Pease share ur views on it.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:54 am

Please also guide me if there is no hurdle in going with my wife even as pregnant
There is no hurdle to your wife coming to the UK even if she is pregnant ..... apart from the obvious ... not a visa issue .... no airline will carry a woman who is heavily pregnant. The number of weeks cut-off point varies a bit from airline to airline but anything less than 30 weeks, and a doctor's certificate to prove that, should be OK.
John

vijay
Newly Registered

take new born baby to U.K

Post by vijay » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:34 am

If suppose my wife gives birth to new baby in Pakistan and then leave for U.K (in case visa is granted), then can we take new born baby to U.K? If not then what will be the procedure to follow?

Rex

Post by Rex » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:07 am

Hi vijay

First of all do not think that application will take 26 weeks, these days it is processed really fast, mine took 1 week. And EC in Pakistan also takes one week.

your wife is 9 weeks pregnent, in any case it does not effect yours and wife's EC. She can travel to UK until her 8th month to be safe with the doctor's certificate. My wife travelled in her 36th week of pregnency.

In all cases do not think negative, if you wish that the child is born in Pakistan you can travel alone and your wife and baby can follow you.

The catch is to apply for baby's EC. Make sure you apply for 3 EC's together.

In my opinion , with child birth in Pakistan, It would be difficult for you to arrange birth cert., B-Form, Passport etc. and then EC.

It might delay your 3 months time for applying your EC.

Better is to take your wife along and baby's birth in UK might be an advantage for getting ILR later.

Good luck

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:42 pm

Better is to take your wife along and baby's birth in UK might be an advantage for getting ILR later.
Not only that, if the child is born in the UK, and one or both of the parents later get ILR, you are entitled to register the child as British. That is, if you want, the child could be British before you or your wife. But that does not apply if the child is born outside the UK.
John

vijay
Newly Registered

Please guide me

Post by vijay » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:30 pm

First please let me know about ILR, what is it? Secondly I can only take my wife with me to U.K and she give birth to baby in U.K. when all things go smooth and fast before 7th or 8th month of wife's pregnancy. Otherwise in case my wife give birth to baby in Pakistan I will have two options. One is to apply for 3 ECs at a time, which is very difficult (not impossible) as making of new birth cert, B-Form and passport will take considerable time. And the other option is I leave my wife and baby here in Pakistan and they join me later. If I go for first option i-e: applying for 3 ECs at a time, then my question is that, the HSMP approval letter will not be having new child's name so how does British high commission in Pakistan issue new baby's EC? Also please let me know that if my wife give birth to new baby in U.K. what difficulties we both have to face as we will be far away of our family members and do u think it will be smart decission after considering each and every point?

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:09 am

Sorry Vijay i am just doubted now, from where are you? i mean...if you are so conscious, you must have read all the posts related to FLR and ILR, didn't you read them on this board really???
I may guide you and even told you the references from where you can get help practically, if told me where are you actually now?

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:02 am

ILR is Indefinite leave to remain in UK after spending 4 years in UK.

Approval letter does does not contain family members name.
It just says you and your dependents.(no matter how many)

For second options , to have baby born in Pakistan, and they apply later for EC. Then at that time you must have proper job and accomodation in UK to support them, otherwise they will have problems.

Birth in UK away from family is difficult but not too much, as you would be there to take care of your wife and baby in the begining and you can start hunting for jobs after the delivery.

If baby is born in Pakistan you will have your relatives to care for but you never know about the post delivery conditions, your wife may not be allowed to travel for some reasons etc. I hope everything goes well.

Eventually if you want your family to be with you in UK better is to take them with you.

Good luck

taikoo
Newly Registered

Post by taikoo » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:22 am

I think the guy who started this thread is getting apprehensive on the basis of his own hypothesis, with a result not only he is confused, he is confusing the moderators (and others) too.

Vijay, you should take it cool and frankly at this point in time you should be celebrating the fact that you are going to be a father!!! (instead of constructing hypothetical scenarios and asking questions where no assistance can be given)

Take it cool and handle it as it comes.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:23 am

the only hurdle i can see at the moment is will any airline allow a >7 months pregnant lady to travel using their services