ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Housing & Council Tax Benifits and ILR Applicat

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

textileweb
Newly Registered

Claiming Housing & Council Tax Benifits and ILR Applicat

Post by textileweb » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:33 pm

i am so grateful to have this opportunity to write here my point of concerns which are mainly related to current financial cires prevails through out in UK .... let me explain here my most current financial status as follows:-

I am at spouse visa and still unemployed but doing One Voluntree work and also keepinng all record of firms which sent me letters of rejections ete etc.

My (British national) wife was working 30 hours/week but most recently her hours are expected to cut due to current financial crises in UK... the employer give her option to reduce to hours to 24/week and we have no other option but to accpet it.......;(
due to which now her monthly salary will be reduce from 1469/Month Gross to ~1100 Gross/month. we have 2 childrens and we are claming CTC and WTC under Joint name and Child Benifts and most recently we have also started claiming Health start vaouchers too. Also we have to send younger daugther to day care nursery. under these cicumstances and speially after due to additioan of new baby... WE APPLIED FOR HOSUING BENEIFT.. and my wife fully eligible for Housing benefit and council tax benefit which no doubt reduces the great stress. Also at present we have substantive savings of 10000 GBP too. Please under this FINANCIAL CONDTION (I-E CLAMINING HOUSING BENIFT AND COUNCIL TAX BENIFTS) Can it effect or how much it can effect IRL Applicaiton of myslef.

I thank you so much and Looking forward!

classact01
Newly Registered

Post by classact01 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:37 am

You are FULLY entitled to those benefits, in fact they approve more if you have shown you can save money, so the more money you tell them you have saved the more beneficial to you...hence the more money the more chance you have of getting what you claim for.