ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of switching from current work permit to new one?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

voguette
Newly Registered

Chances of switching from current work permit to new one?

Post by voguette » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I have very closely just survived massive job cuts at my company, but fear I may be next. I am in the final stages of interviews with a large cosmetics brand in the UK, and am now really worried about how difficult it be might be to get a new work permit. When I had previously changed employers, it seemed as simple as filling out a form, paying a small fee, and two days later we had the new permit. Could anyone give me any idea of what my chances are of getting a new work permit approved, given the current climate? And the cost now seems exhorbitant! Has anyone any experience in broaching this subject with an employer?

Sadly, I’ve just missed out on the HMSP thanks to the recent changes. I was two months into saving my £800 to show maintenance funds, and I've just found out today they've changed the rules again. No masters = no Tier 1 visa. :cry: