ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension - absences

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gypsum
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension - absences

Post by gypsum » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi all,
I have the HSMP visa for 2 years since December 2007. I am spending time outside UK for business trips and I am wondering if time spent outside UK is an issue or not while applying for extension of HSMP visa under Tier 1. Or is it only considered when applying for indefinite leave to remain?

Do we need to report the absences when applying for the extension first time and if so what is the allowed time to spend outside UK?

Thanks a lot,

anandsun

Post by anandsun » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi gypsum,
List of absences is needed only for ILR application and not for Tier 1(G) extensions.

And if you are away on business, it doesnt matter for ILR application either if you can get a letter from the employer for the dates u were away on business.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
A

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi gypsum,

As far as i know they will not ask you about absences or even it did not effect on ur extention. I know about myself when i was away 7 months continous and i still got my extention without any problem, so don,t worry i don,t think so there will be any problem.

anyway best of luck