ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not currently in UK - HSMP to Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSI GEEK

Not currently in UK - HSMP to Tier 1

Post by MSI GEEK » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 am

My HSMP visa expires on 30 Nov 2009. Can I switch to Tier 1, if I have never worked in the UK, from OUTSIDE of UK?

Can a EXTENSION application possible from OUTSIDE of UK?

Any replies would be highly appreciated.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:51 am

I would be very very surprised if this is possible! have you paid any tax to HMRC in your initial 2yrs grant about to expire?

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:08 pm

No you are NOT eligible for extension due to minimum stay in UK requirements every year.But you are always welcome to apply as fresh applicant.
Kaff

uk_male81
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa application from US

Post by uk_male81 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:52 pm

I have a question.
I am an Indian national currently working on H1B work visa in US for the past 3 years. I had completed my masters degree from UK in 2003. I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General Migrant work visa to UK.
Can you please let me know if i can make a formal application and perform the biometric tests while i am in US or should the application be done from India? Please advice.