ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible for applying ILR now.....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hf.uk
Newly Registered

Am I eligible for applying ILR now.....

Post by hf.uk » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:31 pm

I know there would have been many discussions on these coninuous abscenses.

I am on work permit and with the same employer since my first entry to UK (March 31st 2004)

March 31st 2004 to June 4th 2004

September 30th 2004 to December 10th 2004

June 9th 2005 to till date continuous with not more than 3 months of abscense from June 9th 2005 to till date.

My questions are:

When exactly am I eligible to apply for ILR?

I can request my employer to provide me a letter stating that those abscences in 2004 & 2005 were work replated. Should I go apply now and try my luck?

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:07 pm

2nd week of May 2010.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:34 pm

You had almost six months of absence between Dec'04 and June 05. From June 05 till date fine, going to 4 yrs continous stay with less that 90 days absence.

Because you came in before April 3 2006, you obviously qualify for ILR after 4 years, if the UKBA remedies coming out soon decides to include WPians. If not you wait till mid May 2010.

I sincerely hope that they include it, which I am quite optimistic about, even though some of you WPians that this affect do not believe in yourselves that the outcome will be positive remedies from HO anyway (apologies, never intend to be rude).

Hope this helps?

hf.uk
Newly Registered

Post by hf.uk » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:08 pm

iyanu wrote:You had almost six months of absence between Dec'04 and June 05. From June 05 till date fine, going to 4 yrs continous stay with less that 90 days absence.

Because you came in before April 3 2006, you obviously qualify for ILR after 4 years, if the UKBA remedies coming out soon decides to include WPians. If not you wait till mid May 2010.

I sincerely hope that they include it, which I am quite optimistic about, even though some of you WPians that this affect do not believe in yourselves that the outcome will be positive remedies from HO anyway (apologies, never intend to be rude).

Hope this helps?
Thanks a lot Iyanu for the reply. Even I am eager fot that decision and signed in the petetion. Even forwarded the link to many of friends, I know, who fall in the same category.

Otherwise, If I done leave UK till I apply, I may be completing my 5 years contiguous period with the exception of 6 months abscense by March 2010, if I show March 2010 to June 2010 as abscense with less than 90 continuous days.... and my date of entry from when the duration needs to be calculated as March 2004 (Question 6.1 of form Set(O))?

Or should I gamble with a 750£, applying now and going for an appeal, where in they will ask me to reapply after completion of abscense period? Asking this as I am not sure when the home office guys will change the rules again ..... and wanted to get into safe zone as early as possible....

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Best advice from the heart man, PATIENCE!

You have waited till now from 2004 or 2005 over 48 months. So, whatz hampering you from being patient to see what the HO will come up with in just a few weeks from now or waiting till May 2010.

All I can say is PATIENCE, thatz what you need.

I can understand what you may be passing through at the moment but why want to waste £750 when you can always use that later plus interest assuming it is gong to be next year and get your ILR.

PATIENCE! PATIENCE!! PATIENCE!!!