ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time travel to London from US (Indian Citizen)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunny1978
Newly Registered

First time travel to London from US (Indian Citizen)

Post by Sunny1978 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi all,

I have TIer 1 General Visa. I am Indian Citizen. I am working here in India. For business trip , I am going to US, I thought of going to London on my way coming back from US to India. TO make sure I am getting in UK before 6 months. But I will be staying in london for 3 days and i have planned to come back to India.
This trip i am making just to make sure I am getting stamped before 6 months. My visa validity starts from April 11th, 2009

Below are my queries.

1. Possible to go to london from US with my Tier 1 visa being an Indian Citizen.
2. I am going to stay in London for only 3 days. What reason should i give to VISA officer? ( after three days I will go back to India).

3. Is there any minimum mandatory days to stay in London with Tier 1 Visa?
3. WHat are the all the mandatory docs I am supposed to carry during this kind of travel.

Please help me with answers. I tried searching for answers in the forum. I didnt get any consolidated answers.

Thanks,
Sunny.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:16 pm

hi,
This trip i am making just to make sure I am getting stamped before 6 months. My visa validity starts from April 11th, 2009
i dont think u need to do that. U can travel to UK as long as u have a valid Visa. Is 6 month clause written on any documents that u have got?
1. Possible to go to london from US with my Tier 1 visa being an Indian Citizen.
yes i dont think it should be a problem.
2. I am going to stay in London for only 3 days. What reason should i give to VISA officer? ( after three days I will go back to India).

you can say you are here for a Job Interview or Job Search.
3. Is there any minimum mandatory days to stay in London with Tier 1 Visa?
i dont think so
4.WHat are the all the mandatory docs I am supposed to carry during this kind of travel.
Your Medical certificate ( if u are coming to UK first time). even if u don then u can get it done on Heathrow.
Your address where u are going to stay ( no proof required)
:-)

Sunny1978
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny1978 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:34 pm

Thank you very much aspirant for your quick reply. :)

One more query.

After I come back from London to India, without landing any jobaAnd if my next visit to UK takes quite a while. Will there be a problem?`

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:47 pm

hi, i dont think that should be a problem at all.
:-)

uk_male81
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa application from US

Post by uk_male81 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:51 pm

I have a question.
I am an Indian national currently working on H1B work visa in US for the past 3 years. I had completed my masters degree from UK in 2003. I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General Migrant work visa to UK.
Can you please let me know if i can make a formal application and perform the biometric tests while i am in US or should the application be done from India? Please advice.

Sunny1978
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny1978 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:09 pm

One more basic questiion? How to confirm I got visa?

IN my passport they have pasted UK Entry Clearance and Type as VISA Tier 1 General.

So shall i consider I have VISA? Or is it something different?

kams19

Post by kams19 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Sunny1978 wrote:One more basic questiion? How to confirm I got visa?

IN my passport they have pasted UK Entry Clearance and Type as VISA Tier 1 General.

So shall i consider I have VISA? Or is it something different?
thats what is called Visa, mate. There is no other document. its just what u have in ur passport.

ssvgopal

Re: First time travel to London from US (Indian Citizen)

Post by ssvgopal » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Sunny1978 wrote: 1. Possible to go to london from US with my Tier 1 visa being an Indian Citizen.
No problem, as the visa vignette stamped on your passport is valid.
Sunny1978 wrote: 2. I am going to stay in London for only 3 days. What reason should i give to VISA officer? ( after three days I will go back to India).
You won't require any reason. Maybe you can say you are assessing the available employment opportunities while you are here.
Sunny1978 wrote: 3. Is there any minimum mandatory days to stay in London with Tier 1 Visa?
None. This becomes important only for ILR(indefinite leave to remain).
Sunny1978 wrote: 3. WHat are the all the mandatory docs I am supposed to carry during this kind of travel.
Tier 1 approval letter(if any provided by HO), passport, and an iternary of your visit.

Cheers,
Sai

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:54 pm

If possible land in London Gatwick Airport. I heard the checks in Heathrew are troubling. I came on feb end 09 at Gatwick and from landing to outside, it took just 5 to 10 mins and immigration took 1 min. He asked do u have a job already. I answered I am attending few interviews next week and possibly will get one from that.
He did not ask/see any docs other than passport, visa.
Best regards,
Mani