ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA's Verification with Bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nnj10

UKBA's Verification with Bank

Post by nnj10 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi All,

I wonder if some one is aware of the procedure employed by UKBA to contact the bank to verify an applicant's earning.
Do they simply call the bank or do they write to the bank (Post/E-mail) to verify the details of transaction as shown in bank statement submitted with application.
Also, does any one know, such procedure comply with "Data Protection Act"?

The reason for my above query is, it's more than 5 weeks since I submitted my application, but so far it doesn't seem they have verified anything with my bank.
I am employed by my own LTD Co., so my Company is my employer, I have also submitted a letter from my accountant and bank statements.
So far neither my company (at official contact details provided in appliction) or my accountant have been contacted by UKBA for any verification.

I also checked with my bank, and the response I got was a bit unexpected.
The call center officer told me that, they will not give any info. to anyone other than me, without my written consent.
I know, I have signed the declaration in the application form, but does it allow UKBA under "Data Protection Act" to verify my bank details (incl. transactions) with the bank?
What if the bank is not giving them the required info. for the reason mentioned above?

Sorry for a long post, but if some can throw some more light on this, I am sure, it will be helpful to many other in this forum.

Thanks,
NNJ10

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:12 pm

I don't think HO generally call Bank for any details unless application looks very dicey. The reason is, HO has to go through many processes as they cannot simply call bank and ask for details. They should definetly go through request and reply process (in written and following all standard protocol).
Since people generally submit bank statement, there is not way HO can fault it as it is official document. Besides if your statment shows some amount, bank will definetly say the same amount too.

Regarding, verification from employer etc. I too run my own ltd. company and provided my accountant no. in my application. HO didn't contacted anybody and my visa+passport documents are on its way back to me.

I think HO hardly card to cross check if docs corroborate each other. Its just a matter of their work load that you haven't received any status so far.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm

chetanojha wrote:I don't think HO generally call Bank for any details unless application looks very dicey. The reason is, HO has to go through many processes as they cannot simply call bank and ask for details. They should definetly go through request and reply process (in written and following all standard protocol).
Since people generally submit bank statement, there is not way HO can fault it as it is official document. Besides if your statment shows some amount, bank will definetly say the same amount too.

Regarding, verification from employer etc. I too run my own ltd. company and provided my accountant no. in my application. HO didn't contacted anybody and my visa+passport documents are on its way back to me.

I think HO hardly card to cross check if docs corroborate each other. Its just a matter of their work load that you haven't received any status so far.
Thanks Chetan for your reply.
I know a couple of people applied after me, and got their approval this week. I can just hope it won't be a long wait for me. :!:

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:18 pm

I applied on 02/03 and waiting for delivery. Your result should be on your way shortly. Looks like HO is processing application faster now..

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:20 pm

chetanojha wrote:I applied on 02/03 and waiting for delivery. Your result should be on your way shortly. Looks like HO is processing application faster now..
Yes, it seems for the past 2 weeks they are proessing very quickly.
I applied a week after you, can't call them until 6 weeks to find the status, so waiting patiently.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: UKBA's Verification with Bank

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:16 pm

nnj10 wrote:Hi All,

I wonder if some one is aware of the procedure employed by UKBA to contact the bank to verify an applicant's earning.
Do they simply call the bank or do they write to the bank (Post/E-mail) to verify the details of transaction as shown in bank statement submitted with application.

The reason for my above query is, it's more than 5 weeks since I submitted my application, but so far it doesn't seem they have verified anything with my bank.
I am employed by my own LTD Co., so my Company is my employer, I have also submitted a letter from my accountant and bank statements.
So far neither my company (at official contact details provided in appliction) or my accountant have been contacted by UKBA for any verification.

The call center officer told me that, they will not give any info. to anyone other than me, without my written consent.
I know, I have signed the declaration in the application form, but does it allow UKBA under "Data Protection Act" to verify my bank details (incl. transactions) with the bank?
What if the bank is not giving them the required info. for the reason mentioned above?

Sorry for a long post, but if some can throw some more light on this, I am sure, it will be helpful to many other in this forum.

Thanks,
NNJ10
If HO (UKBA) feels the verification is mandatory than they issue a "STATUS CHECK" request to your respective bank. My cousin works for natwest bank and she have told me this. bank can not give our your personal information no matter who rings, i.e. HO, UKBA, Case worker etc due to data protection. If your case needs verification, the process could be delayed for a week or two, since all the written confirmation takes longer time within bank. I dont want to break your heart, but just wanted to share my knowledge.

I wish you luck mate

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:52 pm

raxs1983 wrote:

Thanks,
NNJ10
If HO (UKBA) feels the verification is mandatory than they issue a "STATUS CHECK" request to your respective bank. My cousin works for natwest bank and she have told me this. bank can not give our your personal information no matter who rings, i.e. HO, UKBA, Case worker etc due to data protection. If your case needs verification, the process could be delayed for a week or two, since all the written confirmation takes longer time within bank. I dont want to break your heart, but just wanted to share my knowledge.

I wish you luck mate
Thanks for your valuable input.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:40 am

My application was received on 10/03, still awaiting decision....my employer hasnt been contacted yet....

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 am

VK82 wrote:My application was received on 10/03, still awaiting decision....my employer hasnt been contacted yet....
I would say begining or middle of next week is when you may expect a call frm HO (if at all they decide to). Usually, once HO does any sort of verificaion, it is preety much 3-4 days frm there on for u to get ur passport stamped - good luck

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:30 pm

raxs1983 wrote:

Thanks,
NNJ10

I wish you luck mate
If you watch Border Control Show, evidently people just respond on the phone. Perhaps they shouldn't but if the HO calls and says we suspect a statment to be tampered, the bank might cooperate.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:47 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
VK82 wrote:My application was received on 10/03, still awaiting decision....my employer hasnt been contacted yet....
I would say begining or middle of next week is when you may expect a call frm HO (if at all they decide to). Usually, once HO does any sort of verificaion, it is preety much 3-4 days frm there on for u to get ur passport stamped - good luck
Thanks Rax, my assumption was that HO generally ring your emoployer if a letter has been issued by them or a document attested by them. But again these are my assumptions and are not backed by facts, HO can ring the respective employer in any case and take their sweet little time.
My option is to wait patiently.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:34 pm

republique wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:

I wish you luck mate
If you watch Border Control Show, evidently people just respond on the phone. Perhaps they shouldn't but if the HO calls and says we suspect a statment to be tampered, the bank might cooperate.
I hear you. But again, in all those TV shows, Employers hav been rang and not the Banks. Employers are legally bound to disclose them since it involves Visa limitations etc. While banks can not disclose your information, again that is my belief and not a thorough research...
x

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Banks can confirm genuinity of the document upon request from HO. They will not disclose personal info or details of transaction carried out in normal circumstances.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Thanks everyone for your response.
From reading all the posts, it seems to me that UKBA will have to do a formal correspondence to verify any detail with the bank. Bank will not provide any detail to any one just over the phone even though it is from UKBA.