ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Birth Certificate

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fairtrade

French Birth Certificate

Post by Fairtrade » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi everyone.

I was born at the American Hospital in Paris, France and need to obtain my French birth certificate to apply for my passport (not French). I have lost the original birth certificate and I wonder how do I go about obtaining a copy of the original birth certificate seeing that my French is rusty.

Can anybody give me any ideas on where to start looking or who I should contact, I would appreciate it.

Thank You.

freon21

Post by freon21 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:13 pm

You need to contact the local authority where you were registred when born (mairie)
is it :hopital americain de paris 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine ?
If yes then you could apply online for a copy of your birth certificate it is straight forward.They will send it at the adress you provide .
But it 's only in french I am afraid.
good luck
http://www.ville-neuillysurseine.fr/1-1 ... -ligne.php

If it is not the city you were brn then google mairie +city where u were born then go to etat civil then extrait de naissance en ligne....
hope this helps.

Fairtrade

Post by Fairtrade » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:34 am

freon21 wrote:You need to contact the local authority where you were registred when born (mairie)
is it :hopital americain de paris 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine ?
If yes then you could apply online for a copy of your birth certificate it is straight forward.They will send it at the adress you provide .
But it 's only in french I am afraid.
good luck
http://www.ville-neuillysurseine.fr/1-1 ... -ligne.php

If it is not the city you were brn then google mairie +city where u were born then go to etat civil then extrait de naissance en ligne....
hope this helps.
Merci beaucoup! Yes, it is hopital amercain de paris!!
Thank You for the info.

You have made my day (morning)! Merci beaucoup! :D Now to see how bad my french is otherwise I am going to need a translation. :lol: