ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - general question about latest eea2 form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marcia_ms
Newly Registered

EEA2 - general question about latest eea2 form

Post by marcia_ms » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi, Im a brazilian girl married with a german and i will aply my eea 2 next week. I would like to know how long does it gonna take to then to send me some anwser, like a letter saying they got my documents, etc. Because my entry clearance expires in july and then I will be with no visa. I would lke to know as well the number that I can call to check about it and the latest eea2 version.

Thanks!!!

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 - general question about latest eea2 form

Post by 86ti » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:49 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/

Waiting times appear to be around 9 months at the moment. I suppose the entry clearance that you have now is a EEA family permit. Technically that's not a visa, so you would be without a visa already now... :lol:

Don't get scared though. Provided that your German spouse is exercising his treaty rights (working, self-employed, student, self sufficient, etc.) you have an automatic right to stay in the UK for longer. So even if the validity of your FP expires you won't have to leave. Actually, in the UK you do not have to apply for a residence card. But you better do so for practical reasons.

marcia_ms
Newly Registered

Post by marcia_ms » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:53 am

ok, but what I would like to know is if I will recieve some letter from the HO saying my documents are there for anylising... because I will send my passport and my visa will expire before I get it back, I already know that the process will take longer but, I need at least a letter of answer back!! Saying my passport is not lost anywhere... and neither my documentation. I want to know the proceed they do...
Thanks for giving a feedback!!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:08 am

You should receive a Certificate of Application (CoA) soon after but some people report even delays here. You may also think about not sending the passport until explicit request from HO. In any case I strongly suggest to send the documents by recorded delivery. Somewhat expensive maybe but you can see online when they were delivered.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:34 pm

86ti wrote: In any case I strongly suggest to send the documents by recorded delivery.
I would suggest that you go a step further and send the docs by special delivery. At least this ensures that in addition to online tracking, your package is hand-delivered and signed for by the recipient.

8lei5cid
Newly Registered

Post by 8lei5cid » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:58 pm

86ti: so you can send your EEA2 application without sending your passport untill they ask for it (maybe 6-7 month later)? Will HO issue the COA letter as well in this case?

The reason i'm asking is i'm about to apply EEA2 but i have a business trip outside UK and need my passort in the coming July.

juninhouk
Newly Registered

Post by juninhouk » Thu May 07, 2009 11:27 pm

I HAVE THE SAME DOUBT, I NEED TO SEND MY EEA2 BUT I CANT SEND MY ORIGINAL PASSAPORT BECAUSE I HAVE BUSINESS IN POLAND, SO AT LEAST TWO DAYS A MONTH I HAVE TO GO THERE.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri May 08, 2009 9:19 am

I don't know if not sending the passport right away would cause any delays in sending out the CoA.

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Fri May 08, 2009 5:13 pm

8lei5cid wrote:86ti: so you can send your EEA2 application without sending your passport untill they ask for it (maybe 6-7 month later)? Will HO issue the COA letter as well in this case?
HO will issue the standard CoA. This is what we did (applied in December 2008). After 8 weeks my wife received her CoA. We are now waiting for 3 June when the 6 month period expires and we can finally formally object against this slow procedure.