ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension from outside the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goldfish
Member of Standing

HSMP Extension from outside the UK

Post by goldfish » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:36 am

I have an HSMP visa and lived in the UK for several years. I'm now living outside.

When my visa comes up to expiry, can I apply for an extension from outside the UK?

I am pre-Nov 2006 if that is relevant.

Thanks.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: HSMP Extension from outside the UK

Post by maheshnair » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:05 am

goldfish wrote:I have an HSMP visa and lived in the UK for several years. I'm now living outside.

When my visa comes up to expiry, can I apply for an extension from outside the UK?

Thanks.

I think for extension atleast some ratio should be UK earning .
I dont think you can make ur 100 % earnings outside and claim extension ....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Guidance states:

"We will not make any uplift calculations on overseas earnings for extension applications. The applicant must clearly show on the application form which of the earnings were made in the United Kingdom and which were earned overseas. We will add the pounds sterling value of these overseas earnings to any United Kingdom earnings. We will then consider the total figure against the points-scoring table above."

VK82

Post by VK82 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Just curious to know about this particular situation:

If the HSMP extension is refused and the current leave to remain is expired. Didnt win the review as well. Then obviously one needs to apply from the home country, then is the application considered as the normal HSMP extension under TIER 1 or is it considered as new application.

Just didnt read about it anywhere and curious to know what happens in this situation.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:14 pm

VK82 wrote:Just curious to know about this particular situation:

If the HSMP extension is refused and the current leave to remain is expired. Didnt win the review as well. Then obviously one needs to apply from the home country, then is the application considered as the normal HSMP extension under TIER 1 or is it considered as new application.

Just didnt read about it anywhere and curious to know what happens in this situation.
U will be considered as a new applicant.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:08 pm

It will be considered as new application.
VK82 wrote:Just curious to know about this particular situation:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP Extension from outside the UK

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:24 pm

goldfish wrote:I have an HSMP visa and lived in the UK for several years. I'm now living outside.

Thanks.
Extension applications are made to extend your leave to remain in UK, so must be applied for from within UK.

Unless, of course, you are seeking to return to UK in accordance with the procedure laid down by UKBA following the HSMP JR judgment of 2008.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!