ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do Home Office assesses out of country applications?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destiniation_london

Do Home Office assesses out of country applications?

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Am i right in assuming that Home Office considers only the application made from within UK. Because any out of country applications would be assessed by the respective countries UK embassies.

Sorry, this may be a very lame question but was just curious in knowing do Home office ever considers any out of countries application?

UK_BR5

Re: Do Home Office assesses out of country applications?

Post by UK_BR5 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:41 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Am i right in assuming that Home Office considers only the application made from within UK. Because any out of country applications would be assessed by the respective countries UK embassies.

Sorry, this may be a very lame question but was just curious in knowing do Home office ever considers any out of countries application?
before Tier1 was introduced (i.e. HSMP) the Home Office used to assess applications from both outside and inside the UK, but as far as i can see now, Tier1 can be assessed by embassies worldwide for out-of-UK applications.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Agree with UK_BRS1. HO is processing application from in-out of UK.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:33 pm

chetanojha wrote:Agree with UK_BRS1. HO is processing application from in-out of UK.
that means ....HO is assessing only the applications made with in the UK and all out of country applications are assessed by the embassies of the respective country.