ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psdesai
BANNED

Early Extension

Post by psdesai » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 am

Hi Guys,

I know this topic have been discussed before but I can not conclude to any definite answer.
I am on HSMP visa due to expire in March 2010. Due to current economic climate I wish to extend my visa ASAP. There are other reasons such as becoming self employed, buying house etc. (I was on work permit for a year before HSMP so ILR should not be a problem (1 + 1 + 3).

At the moment I am able to score necesary points for the extension with all documents etc. What I dont know if home office will simply say "Its too early so ... ". I have asked HO on two ocessions via emails and both times I got completly different replies! One gentelman said its ok to apply as far as you score points (without giving any reasons). The other says you can apply but its upto case worker to decide that your reason (I have to give a "valid" reason) is appropriate for the early extension!

Can any one please please please clear this thing out if they have experience something themselves or have heard from friends etc? I am really confused!

Also what about in person application ? Will it make a difference to the case worker if I meet them in person etc? is it better then postal application in my case?

Senior and New members; your input will be valuable for me.

Thanks
psdesai

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Early Extension

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:06 am

You can apply early for extension. Check this link below, i also pasted email sent to me by HO. You can inquire the same with HO as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
psdesai wrote:Hi Guys,

I know this topic have been discussed before but I can not conclude to any definite answer.
I am on HSMP visa due to expire in March 2010. Due to current economic climate I wish to extend my visa ASAP. There are other reasons such as becoming self employed, buying house etc. (I was on work permit for a year before HSMP so ILR should not be a problem (1 + 1 + 3).

At the moment I am able to score necesary points for the extension with all documents etc. What I dont know if home office will simply say "Its too early so ... ". I have asked HO on two ocessions via emails and both times I got completly different replies! One gentelman said its ok to apply as far as you score points (without giving any reasons). The other says you can apply but its upto case worker to decide that your reason (I have to give a "valid" reason) is appropriate for the early extension!

Can any one please please please clear this thing out if they have experience something themselves or have heard from friends etc? I am really confused!

Also what about in person application ? Will it make a difference to the case worker if I meet them in person etc? is it better then postal application in my case?

Thanks
psdesai

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks chetanojha for the reply, In my case is about 10 months early extension! I havent heard anyone yet who applied this early and got extension. (doesnt mean there wont be anyone out there!)
Do you have to give a valid reason (if poss. please pm or share the reason you have given if any)? If so then what would qualify as valid reason?

Many Thanks
psdesai
chetanojha wrote:You can apply early for extension. Check this link below, i also pasted email sent to me by HO. You can inquire the same with HO as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Thanks
psdesai

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:20 am

Hi psdesai,

I haven't done it myself. But as per the text in email received from HO, I can say you can extend even before 10 months.

What you can do is sent an email to Home Office and ask them, if you can extend 10 months before. Based on that reply proceed ahead. If they say you can extend, then attach a printout of that email with your application to cover your back.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:27 am

Brillirent, It was very valuable. I'll ask ho. but as you know they will give me 10 different replies for the same question!!! but I'll have another go...

Anyone else have any input in this?

Thanks
chetanojha wrote:Hi psdesai,

I haven't done it myself. But as per the text in email received from HO, I can say you can extend even before 10 months.

What you can do is sent an email to Home Office and ask them, if you can extend 10 months before. Based on that reply proceed ahead. If they say you can extend, then attach a printout of that email with your application to cover your back.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:11 pm

If they give you 10 replies, ask them till you receive the reply you want :-) and then use it in your application. Since the reply came from HO itself, they cannot deny the fact and you will be in win situation there.

psdesai wrote:Brillirent, It was very valuable. I'll ask ho. but as you know they will give me 10 different replies for the same question!!! but I'll have another go...

Thanks

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:05 pm

:D
chetanojha wrote:If they give you 10 replies, ask them till you receive the reply you want :-) and then use it in your application. Since the reply came from HO itself, they cannot deny the fact and you will be in win situation there.

psdesai wrote:Brillirent, It was very valuable. I'll ask ho. but as you know they will give me 10 different replies for the same question!!! but I'll have another go...

Thanks

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks
psdesai

My visa expiry was 23 September 2009 .
I applied extension on 24 feb 2009 ..
My new expiry is 23 sep 2012

My friends expiry was march 3 2010 .
He applied last week . His new expiry is march3 2013 .

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Please note that the reply above was copied from somewhere else on this forum and I have not extended my own visa, but i came across the guy who extended 7 months early and his friend who extended 1 year early.

So stop worrying yourself and apply as soon as possible.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:08 pm

saayinla wrote:Please note that the reply above was copied from somewhere else on this forum and I have not extended my own visa, but i came across the guy who extended 7 months early and his friend who extended 1 year early.

So stop worrying yourself and apply as soon as possible.

yes these quotes were Mine . I applied 8 months before and my friend almost 1 year before .....so u can apply anytime......

rkrohela
BANNED

Early Extenstion

Post by rkrohela » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 am

Does this mean that on early extension the new visa is issued from the date of expiry of current visa? Mahesh did that happen in your case?
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

psdesai
BANNED

Re: Early Extenstion

Post by psdesai » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:45 pm

Thanks everyone for your input. Could anyone please share if the one who got the visa 8 months and 1 year early had provided a reason? I dont know what is consider as "valid reason"

Many Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:29 pm

If you receive reply from HO saying that you can extend your visa 8 months before, you do not need to provide any reason.

Fire them an email. ;-)
psdesai wrote:Thanks everyone for your input. Could anyone please share if the one who got the visa 8 months and 1 year early had provided a reason? I dont know what is consider as "valid reason"

Many Thanks

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:56 pm

It is 50/50, remember if you didn't get extension from the date of your current leave expiry then you have to get another extension near the time your extended leave expires which means you have to maintain all extension requirement for longer period.
It is a gamble without any specific reason for extension.
Good luck
Kaff

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi psdesai,

My HSMP expires in mid Dec 09 and I intend to apply for extension under Tier 1 (General) in mid Sep 09. As I have to travel in Dec, I will state that as the reason and hope it'll fly with HO.
Regards,
crowbar6

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Guys,

If you are not sure, send an email to UKBApublicenquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk and check. I am confident you will receive reply as i pasted above.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:32 pm

rkrohela wrote:Does this mean that on early extension the new visa is issued from the date of expiry of current visa? Mahesh did that happen in your case?

Ohh GOD ...this is the hundreth Time i am saying guys :lol:
we need to make it a sticky ...

My 6 mates and me got extended from date of expiry and not from date of application ....

rkrohela
BANNED

Early Extension- Reason

Post by rkrohela » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:48 am

Thanks for your reply, did you or your mates mention any reason for early application of extension or did you request specifically for extending from the date of current expiry.

Please excuse me for asking this again, it is critical for me to understand the specifics.
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

psdesai
BANNED

Re: Early Extension- Reason

Post by psdesai » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:47 am

I came across following link:

www.spammer.com/uk-discussion-f ... /last_page

Chap got his early extension without any problem but havent explan thing in detail :(

Jayceesh

Post by Jayceesh » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 am

You can apply as early as possible depending on your circumstances which may vary.

I am currently on a 1+4+3 HSMP now!

Dates -
22 Jul 2005 to 22 Jul 2006
22 Jul 2006 to 22 Jul 2010
07 Oct 2008 to 07 Oct 2011

Got initial 1 year from 22-Jul-2005 to 22-Jul-2006.

Entered UK on 17-Sep-2005 (about 2 months later). This would have implied that my ILR (under 5 year rule) will be 17-Sep-2010 (less 28 days - thus 20-August-2010)

Applied for 1st extension and got extended till 22-Jul-2010. This implies that I couldnt qualify for ILR without another extension with the PBS criteria before the HSMP JR as my visa does not cover me till 20-Aug-2010.

So I wrote to HO stating I needed to apply for another extension (you'll bear the costs though!!!) stating reasons - which could be mortgage, new baby, or whatever your circumstances are. Mortgage is what most people I know have used as most lenders will not answer you if you have less than 3 years remaining on your VISA.

I have thus extended almost 2 years before expiry so it can be done.

Your situation will determine what you get as number of years of extension. If you are covered by the HSMP JR, then you should know what you will get.

If not, what has happened is that HO tends to extend your current visa to align with your 5 years ILR requirement.

If you post your dates, I believe a lot of the forum members will be able to advice you.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Gud stuff Jayceesh, Thanks for such a detail reply. I am going to email home office and will use that email with my application. I think it would be best idea to apply in person.
Jayceesh wrote:You can apply as early as possible depending on your circumstances which may vary.

Dates -

Entered UK on 17-Sep-2005 (about 2 months later). This would have implied that my ILR (under 5 year rule) will be 17-Sep-2010 (less 28 days - thus 20-August-2010)

Applied for 1st extension and got extended till 22-Jul-2010. This implies that I couldnt qualify for ILR without another extension with the PBS criteria before the HSMP JR as my visa does not cover me till 20-Aug-2010.

So I wrote to HO stating I needed to apply for another extension (you'll bear the costs though!!!) stating reasons - which could be mortgage, new baby, or whatever your circumstances are. Mortgage is what most people I know have used as most lenders will not answer you if you have less than 3 years remaining on your VISA.

Your situation will determine what you get as number of years of extension. If you are covered by the HSMP JR, then you should know what you will get.

If not, what has happened is that HO tends to extend your current visa to align with your 5 years ILR requirement.

If you post your dates, I believe a lot of the forum members will be able to advice you.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Thanks jayceesh for the reply, I think I'll email ho for asking "can I" and use the reply in the application. Hopefully it should be ok.

Thanks
Jayceesh wrote:You can apply as early as possible depending on your circumstances which may vary.

Dates -

CSK

Post by CSK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 pm

guys

im dreaming abt this early xtension from last 2 months already...my hsmp is expiring on jan 2010..i had called HO once to find abt this, they replied saying i have to have a strong point in goin for early xtn..i wrote a mail, for which i got reply as standard as "5 weeeks before expiry blah blah blah....."

after seeing the above posts ii thnk i can go ahead with my application since i hv maintained my funds for more than 5 months nw...i don wana keep savg ths 800 anymore ;)...

also thnkg to go for PEO instead of postal application since we can explain or make them understand if any issues arise..

has anyone recently booked appointment in croydon?

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:20 pm

CSK

when you say you got "I got reply as standard as "5 weeeks before expiry blah blah blah....."" ... did they told you that the same text which is in guidence note. or did they said again that you have to have a reason ?

Please eloborate your point !!

thx

CSK wrote:guys

im dreaming abt this early xtension from last 2 months already...my hsmp is expiring on jan 2010..i had called HO once to find abt this, they replied saying i have to have a strong point in goin for early xtn..i wrote a mail, for which i got reply as standard as "5 weeeks before expiry blah blah blah....."

after seeing the above posts ii thnk i can go ahead with my application since i hv maintained my funds for more than 5 months nw...i don wana keep savg ths 800 anymore ;)...

also thnkg to go for PEO instead of postal application since we can explain or make them understand if any issues arise..

has anyone recently booked appointment in croydon?

CSK

Post by CSK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:22 am

@psdesai,

It was quoted in their mail reply jus as same as the guidance...they did not even change any word....