ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query: Unemployed Tier-1 in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1applicant

Query: Unemployed Tier-1 in UK

Post by tier1applicant » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please advise if there is any maximum duration that you can be in the 'unemployed' status whilst on Tier-1.. I lost my job in Nov, so its close to 6 months now.. is there any rule which says that you have to leave the country if you have not found a job within a certain amount of time..?

Thanks.

psdesai
BANNED

Re: Query: Unemployed Tier-1 in UK

Post by psdesai » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:37 pm

As far as I know there is no time limit for one to be out of employment (its not in someone's hand how long you are going to be unemployed!!).
But you should be "actively looking for employment"... during this time..
tier1applicant wrote:Hi,

Can anyone please advise if there is any maximum duration that you can be in the 'unemployed' status whilst on Tier-1.. I lost my job in Nov, so its close to 6 months now.. is there any rule which says that you have to leave the country if you have not found a job within a certain amount of time..?

Thanks.

VK82

Re: Query: Unemployed Tier-1 in UK

Post by VK82 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:39 pm

tier1applicant wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
There is no such rule. You can stay in UK without a job for as long as your Visa is valid. Hope you are aware of the extension criteria.

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Thank you psdesai for the quick reply.

Does "actively looking for employment" mean that I have to be registered with the jobcentre, because I have not done that - If any queries come up, then I do have emails to prove that I am constantly on the lookout for jobs - would that be sufficient.

Thanks.

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks VK82, yes aware of the extension requirements.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:50 pm

tier1applicant wrote:Thank you psdesai for the quick reply.

Does "actively looking for employment" mean that I have to be registered with the jobcentre, because I have not done that - If any queries come up, then I do have emails to prove that I am constantly on the lookout for jobs - would that be sufficient.

Thanks.
I dont think you need to worry about proving anyone that you are actively looking for employment. Though it is expected that under this category, the participant will be either working or will be looking for work. So dont worry about registering with jobcentre or informing anyone and i wish you luck for your job hunt.

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Thanks VK82.

[quote="VK82"][quote="tier1applicant"]Thank you psdesai for the quick reply.

Thanks.[/quote]

I dont think you need to worry about proving anyone that you are actively looking for employment. Though it is expected that under this category, the participant will be either working or will be looking for work. So dont worry about registering with jobcentre or informing anyone and i wish you luck for your job hunt.[/quote]

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 pm

u dont need to show any evidence whether u r working or not or looking for work. But it is still good that u sustained for 6 months without a job. Anyways u will be fine till the last 12 months where u need to show certain amount of money to get the extension..

hope this helps