ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP visa Extension - Tier 1(General) or Tier1(Extension)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

girish

HSMP visa Extension - Tier 1(General) or Tier1(Extension)

Post by girish » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi

I am under HSMP visa working in UK and my visa is getting expired in january2010.

i would like to apply for extension and would like to know the procedure for the same.

Can any one of you please let me know if the new rules of having a master's degree is applicable for extension?
Do i need to fill the Tier1 (general) or Tier1(exntensiion) application form?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards
Girish

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP visa Extension - Tier 1(General) or Tier1(Extension

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:05 pm

You should be fine. New rules are in place only for people who are applying fresh for Tier 1. People who already received HSMP using Bachlor's degree can still claim points on the same. This is very well mentioned in the guidance notes.
Its the same form for initial as well as extension application.
girish wrote:Hi

I am under HSMP visa working in UK and my visa is getting expired in january2010.

i would like to apply for extension and would like to know the procedure for the same.

Can any one of you please let me know if the new rules of having a master's degree is applicable for extension?
Do i need to fill the Tier1 (general) or Tier1(exntensiion) application form?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards
Girish

girish

Post by girish » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks Chetan.

Also, i have been working with the same company , as i was working eaerlier before i got my HSMP visa. I had also been to india for 4.5 months recently. Will this create problem for getting a PR ? few of my freinds told i can continoulsy stay in india fro 3 months only.....other my earlier period will not be counted.

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:09 pm

4.5 Months continous out of country will be an issue for ILR. Max is 90 continuous or less than 6 months in 5 years.

but you might be lucky as you went offshore on company assignment. So all you need is a letter from your employer explaining the same. I have seen some cases who got through even with upto 6 months out of country but they did stick to one employer.
girish wrote:Thanks Chetan.

Also, i have been working with the same company , as i was working eaerlier before i got my HSMP visa. I had also been to india for 4.5 months recently. Will this create problem for getting a PR ? few of my freinds told i can continoulsy stay in india fro 3 months only.....other my earlier period will not be counted.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Thats correct. All you would need is letter from company stating you were required to visit india on Business assignment. Many of my colleague received ILR this way. I think travelling for business reasons can be considered if it is not way to high.
nksg wrote:4.5 Months continous out of country will be an issue for ILR. Max is 90 continuous or less than 6 months in 5 years.

but you might be lucky as you went offshore on company assignment. So all you need is a letter from your employer explaining the same. I have seen some cases who got through even with upto 6 months out of country but they did stick to one employer.
girish wrote:Thanks Chetan.

girish

Post by girish » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Thanks for the reply.

i stayed here earlier for 1.6 years and then went for 4.5 months break ,as the engagement was over. Then i came back after 4.5 months.

But in this case i am also not paying my NI this time since i arrived again,as my company has a tie up with Home office that for the first year the employee need not pay NI, if he stays out of UK for moer than 3 months. My company has closed officially my preious engagement and has sent me back on new engagement. Hence for my organization its alltogether like i am traveeling a fresh.

ANy help please?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Not paying NI is a trouble..I guess your co. has a tie up of not paying tax only for WP holders..U r not on WP...SO u have to pay NI..Else you will have trouble while extension...
Either enjoy benefits of WP(not paying tax) or Tier 1 (flexible employment),not both.