ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR / ILR Employer letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

remo1
Newly Registered

PR / ILR Employer letter

Post by remo1 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi

I'll be applying for ILR using SET(O) form (forseto0409.pdf) in September. Since I'm applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in
the UK as a work permit holder, as per section 9B in SET(O) form, I was asked to submit "Recent document(s) from the employer named in your current work permit confirming that you are still needed and that your employment with them is continuing."
Due to Company HR policies, my employer is hesitant in providing such a letter; however, they're happy to give me a bonafide letter stating that I currently work for them, my position and my salary details. Is there any chance that this suffice the supporting document asked in Section 9B?

I would appreciate your response to this query.

mishragreat

Post by mishragreat » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:31 pm

Yes. At least that is true my case.. A letter of employment was good enough. My HR also had same issue. They can not give a letter satting i will be required in forseeable future. But they gave a letter stating my joining date and salary.

munisa

Re: PR / ILR Employer letter

Post by munisa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:39 am

remo1 wrote:Due to Company HR policies, my employer is hesitant in providing such a letter; however, they're happy to give me a bonafide letter stating that I currently work for them, my position and my salary details. Is there any chance that this suffice the supporting document asked in Section 9B?
I am in exactly in similar position and I am due for ilr next month. It appears to be a common issue with many employers and I have been told elsewhere on this forum that an ordinary letter will do. So dont worry you will be OK.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

remo1
Newly Registered

Post by remo1 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:21 pm

mishragreat wrote:Yes. At least that is true my case.. A letter of employment was good enough. My HR also had same issue. They can not give a letter satting i will be required in forseeable future. But they gave a letter stating my joining date and salary.
Is your case worker ok with this letter?

remo1
Newly Registered

Post by remo1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:39 pm

no replies........... ????

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:43 pm

remo1 wrote:no replies........... ????
You should be ok with that kind of letter. Also just make sure the letter gives the start date (which hopefully should tie in with your WP). Again if you are worried it is always good to go for PEO were you can always explain things if the caseworker has any queries

remo1
Newly Registered

Post by remo1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:46 pm

thanks f2k.... I was bit worried because recently I got my tier 1 visa refused because last 2weeks bank statement were online print outs (yes it was my mistake only).. They're too stringent on the policy guidance. Hence wondering whether they'll look at specifically for those words in the employer letter.