ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Required -ilr - Out Of Country For 185 Days

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

northumboy
Newly Registered

Help Required -ilr - Out Of Country For 185 Days

Post by northumboy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:25 am

Hello,

I have an appointment at Glasgow PEO next week, can some one please clarify me on the following.

(i) During the last 5 yrs i was away from UK for around 185 days and out of that 115 days on business trip at a stretch (3.5 Months)

My employer has given a letter confirming the same.

Will it be sufficient or do i need to provide any further info?

(ii) Does the case worker do any verification such as calling empoloyer to confirm the details, has any one have any idea?

Many Thanks for your help.

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:17 am

Would be worthwhile carrying your payslips and bank statements for the period you were travelling...

northumboy
Newly Registered

Post by northumboy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:40 am

Thanks for the reply.

As i was off on Business during my first year in the UK which is in 2004, i doubt i will be able to provide salary slips or bank statement of 2004.

I changed my employer as well so it would be difficult to get something.

Can you please suggest?

Will the case worker call the employer to find details , in which case i will have to give the appropriate reference details.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 pm

If you're applying for ILR, there is no stipulation as to the maximum number of days outside the UK, and the caseworker is unlikely to require any detailed travel history, particularly if you were still being paid in the UK during your absence.

Absences from the UK will become relevant if/when you apply for UK citizenship.

northumboy
Newly Registered

Post by northumboy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please also clarify whether i should include or exclude date of arrival and date of departure while calculating total number of days out side the country.

Thanks

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:If you're applying for ILR, there is no stipulation as to the maximum number of days outside the UK, and the caseworker is unlikely to require any detailed travel history, particularly if you were still being paid in the UK during your absence.

Absences from the UK will become relevant if/when you apply for UK citizenship.
Why do you say that the form asks you to list your absences so they are relevant,.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:12 pm

northumboy wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Can you please also clarify whether i should include or exclude date of arrival and date of departure while calculating total number of days out side the country.

Thanks
Try using the search function
This has been asked a million times.
HINT it must be a full day absence.