ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long is ILR valid ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imb-victor
Newly Registered

How long is ILR valid ?

Post by imb-victor » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi,

I was wondering how long is ILR valid, I need to take a job out of UK so was wondering how long I can be outside uk until ILR become invalid.

I suppose on return after 1 year I can go for naturalization.

- Victor

yarons

Re: How long is ILR valid ?

Post by yarons » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:19 pm

imb-victor wrote:Hi,

I was wondering how long is ILR valid, I need to take a job out of UK so was wondering how long I can be outside uk until ILR become invalid.

I suppose on return after 1 year I can go for naturalization.

- Victor
you're allowed to spend up to 2 years outside the UK without forfeiting your ILR.

under current rules, you mustn't have spent over 90 days during your ILR year prior to applying to naturalization.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: How long is ILR valid ?

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:16 pm

yarons wrote: you're allowed to spend up to 2 years outside the UK without forfeiting your ILR.

under current rules, you mustn't have spent over 90 days during your ILR year prior to applying to naturalization.
Very much correct...