ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my wife is pregnant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stone
Newly Registered

my wife is pregnant

Post by stone » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:09 am

I have got hsmp approval and will be applying for EC..I also intend to take my wife with me...She is expecting in July....We plan to go UK in June...Can we avail NHS services for maternity or not?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:26 am

She is expecting in July....We plan to go UK in June <== I doubt any airline will allow a heavily pregnant woman to fly using their services.. correct me if i am wrong

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:34 am

Stone, I agree with Olisun, airlines have rules about flying heavily pregnant woman.

Which airline do you intend to use, and how many weeks pregnant will she be at the intended date of flying?
John

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:30 am

please deliver baby at your country

you will find other costs too high with very little support of anyone

this is true experiece of my friend

rgds

stone
Newly Registered

Post by stone » Mon May 02, 2005 12:46 pm

thanx....the problem is that my time for applying for EC will expire on june 2...so I cannot delay applying after june...
and the doctor has told us that first week of july as the probable date....what to do...

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue May 03, 2005 8:30 am

Hi,
NHS is free and maternity will be free. I suggest you read the postings about Life after HSMP, and I suggest you travel alone first. the cost of food, housing, strees finding work will be too much with a new born, it would be better if they stay in your home country with family helping them and then they travel once you have a proper place and job.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Tue May 03, 2005 8:47 am

if you still want to come, bring atleast gbp 10000 with you to survive for just 3 months , house rent advance 2000 , other costs 500 + job hunting medical bill, etc etc

rgds

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed May 04, 2005 7:37 am

hi friends,

IN Stones case, i can see another strong point and the reason behind his feeling to get her pregnant wife with him is that, if his chuild is born in UK, then the child would get the Citizenship of UK by birth, isn't it?

IF this is the case, then its worth travelling with some surplus money and to see how it goes in UK.

I don't know whats the stone's planning and why is he willing to travel with hsi wife, but i can see this as a possibility, can anyone here even suggests whether my belief is right abotu the citizenship fo a new borns? or they don't get it when their parents are on HSMP ?

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed May 04, 2005 8:46 am

As far as I know, a child born in UK does not get citizenship automatically. A child born in UK gets citizenship only if one of the parents is holding ILR at the time of birth. Moreover if both parents are coming to UK under HSMP, eventually everyone in the family is going to get ILR. In this case the desire to bring the pregnant wife to UK seems more to get the delivery done at NHS expense. However it is still advisable to come here alone, find a job get settled and then call the dependents.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 04, 2005 9:06 am

Stone, I feel this question is rapidly becoming academic for you. That is, your wife is becoming increasing pregnant and soon you will find it impossible to get an airline to allow her to be a passenger.

So, again, on what date would you intend your wife to fly to the UK, and how many weeks pregnant will she be at the time? And what airline do you intend to use?
John

bani

Post by bani » Wed May 04, 2005 11:59 am

Hi Stone, you might be able to ask for a post-dated EC by 3 months (depending on the embassy you apply to). That way you could have the baby delivered in your home country. I agree with some posters that that would be the most comfortable thing for all even if expense were not a factor.
stone wrote:thanx....the problem is that my time for applying for EC will expire on june 2...so I cannot delay applying after june...
and the doctor has told us that first week of july as the probable date....what to do...

Rex

Post by Rex » Wed May 04, 2005 2:26 pm

better is to apply as soon as possible, get EC for you and your wife, and try to travel in may as june wud be late for ur wife to travel, she can travel till 8th month but not even in the beginning of ninth.

Check first with airline rules, it differs. You can find it on airlines website i beleive.

imranahmadkhan
Newly Registered

Post by imranahmadkhan » Mon May 09, 2005 1:02 pm

All the airlines do not allow to board the plane if the passenger is more than 6 months pregnant. It is better to have your baby in your country as NHS treatment is not so good. You can fly alone at first and your wife can apply for the exemption from the time limit due to her pregnancy.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 09, 2005 1:51 pm

That is not quite right. The policy varies from airline to airline. For example the British Airways policy, as from their website, is :-
British Airways is happy to accept pregnant ladies on our flights. In order to ensure the health and well-being of both the mother and the baby, the following policy is in place:

For uncomplicated single pregnancies, we restrict travel beyond the end of the 36th week, and for twins, triplets etc., beyond the end of the 32nd week. After your pregnancy has entered its' 28th week, we ask that you carry with you a letter from your doctor or midwife, stating the pregnancy is uncomplicated and confirming the expected date of delivery. In this letter, your doctor should state that you are in good health, that they are happy for you to fly, and that (in their opinion) there is no reason why you cannot fly.
John

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Mon May 09, 2005 4:09 pm

Hi,

Usually pregnanent woman can fly until the 36 weeks and there is no 6 months limit. NHS service is really good and we have our first baby born in uk and it was great experience.

Ali