ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How easy is it to find Tier 2 sponsors these days?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MisfitMeL

How easy is it to find Tier 2 sponsors these days?

Post by MisfitMeL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:16 am

My current Fresh talent visa will run out in a couple of months, and unfortunately the company I am with has decided to stop taking on permanent employees for a year (I work for them as a contractor). Bugger!

So now I would need to find another employer that is willing to go through the work permit hoops to hire me as well as pay me at least 20k :?

Any tips on how to go about doing this? The first question any recruitment agency or employer asks is 'Would you need a work visa?' ... say yes and they hang up :(

I have a list of all the companies registered with immigration office, and I'm planning to visit each company's website, find out openings and apply etc. but I'm hoping there are others here who have managed to find an employer and maybe have words of advice.

I hear people mentioning about getting job offers, and I assume in some cases these companies are happy to sponsor work permits. Just how do you get to that stage?! Then again, being a recent graduate I don't really have much experience on my CV which is probably a big set back :(

Anyways, hope someone can help. Thanks! :D

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:47 am

Check your PM's ^_^

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Vanadil wrote:Check your PM's ^_^
Thanks Vanadil! You have a reply in your inbox.

Anyone else with helpful info? :D

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Fri May 01, 2009 9:31 am

I am also willing to know the answers to the above queries...
Please reply...

Thanks