ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

They screwed my work experience 2 times already! But I won!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Korben Dallas

They screwed my work experience 2 times already! But I won!!

Post by Korben Dallas » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:43 am

Hi guys,

My old stories are here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#18014
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3121

In short, my first case was rejected since work experience didn't count.
I faxed a letter asking for review. Long time didn't hear from them, started getting nervous and made a new case shipped to them.
Then I waited for another half month and realized that my new case was lost! I mean, they received it and took a fee, but it never reached HSMP team (somewhere in between payment office and decision office).
Then I finally got a rejection on my review request (for the first case). The explanation was "you don't have enough experience to the moment of lodging your app...". I understood that there is nothing I can do in the case and just waited for my new file to get found and returned for the same reason.
Today I got my docs back and AMAZING THING! I GOT APPROVED!
Seems that another case worker dealt with my new case and decided in my favour.

Some news you don't know since my two threads:
Last few weeks I dialed to HO few times and faxed them asking to locate my case. They gave me a tel. number of charge office to confirm the receipt of the second case. I contacted them and got the internal case number, which I redirected to the HSMP team and as I told since then I was waiting only to get my second refused case back. But as you already know I found the approval inside. I'm slightly shocked now as all this is so unexpected for me.

Wish to all of you good luck and easy approvals!

Special best wishes to JhonnyECU. This guy tries really hard!
Man, we are going to see you there, don't let them get you down!!

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:04 am

Korben Congrats! After all the wars and struggle with HO. You made it at last.

I think you just prove to us that u dont quit at the face of a tough war 'cos might perish in between but when u stand fast to d end success may surely come ur way.

All the best man. I thank God for u.

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:35 pm

Thank you, Iyanu for the warm words. :wink:

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Sun May 01, 2005 7:15 pm

:D :D Congratulations Korben!!! :D :D

After all that agony, your persistance received a well deserved result. good for you mate! when do you plan to go for the EC and UK? where are you now?

thanks for the motivating words Korben but i think i am just trying as hard as many members here.

i have been away from this forum for a while basically because i have taken all the time and pain to put the best possible evidence to defend every point i will be claiming wiht my fresh application.

After i got refusal on feb 22nd I have researched many posts and the audio visual industry in the UK in order to get the best ideas to re-write ALL academics, experience and Significant achievement letters, then contacted ALL former employers, ALL cultural institutions here, ALL senior people, academics and even LONDON friends to have them help me orchestrating my NEW, thousand times better self-explanatory application. Im almost ready, just waiting for a couple of experience letters which should arrive at any point next week...

However, i see this work as an investment for the future job search in the UK. im glad that this LONG process of putting so much evidence togehter will benefit to my job search immediately after i submit sometime in the next days. I will go to the last consequences in order to get some job interviews schedule for when i arrive or if i want to get too optimistic, i could get a job waiting for me in summer where there are MORE productions taking place in europe.

will keep the forum updated. does anyone know from personal experience how quick the processing time takes these days?

thanks a lot

best for all

jhonny
:D

just thinking positive and knowing that i will never let them get me down!

bani

Post by bani » Tue May 03, 2005 7:58 pm

congratulations, korben!!! really glad to learn the good news after all they have incompetently put you through! :)

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed May 04, 2005 7:02 am

HI dear John,

Regarding your question about processing time taken these days. SO far as i know its nearly 10 days, as i saw a posting a few days back, who had applied on 24th MArch adn he got aproved on 4th April. SO lets expect that this is the case, it may be stretched up to 15 days if not 10 days, but definitely not more than 15 days.

I even got rejected and have submitted fresh applciations with some strong evidences for th epoints that i loosed in previous application. My caseworker told me that if we don't ehar decision within 4 weeks, we can send a request for urgent treatment as well.

So, cheer up and cross your fingers to hear decision within a month in any case. All the best for your would be application.

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Fri May 06, 2005 1:31 pm

bani wrote:congratulations, korben!!! really glad to learn the good news after all they have incompetently put you through! :)
thanks, bani. you were absolutely right about another case worker. it happened definitely because new case worker got my case...

thank you for your support

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:51 pm

i just realized comparing my reject on review and approval letter that the same person signed both.. :? just for your information.