ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian married to UK citizen wanting spouse visa - chilg

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ailvox
Newly Registered

Australian married to UK citizen wanting spouse visa - chilg

Post by ailvox » Sun May 03, 2009 12:47 am

My husband and I met in the UK in 1999 and have lived in Australia since Oct 2001. We married in 2008. We have 2 children both born in Australia. I submitted an application for a spouse visa on 20th Feb 2009 and was told it would take 12-13 weeks for a result. Since then my husband has relocated to the UK and is teaching there awaiting our arrival. Also since then our children have been granted British passports. I guess I am worried about whether or not I will be granted this visa so that we can join my husband and children's father in the UK. I would like to know if there is anyway I can check on the progress of the application and also let them know of my children being granted passports and whether this is a significant development in my case. Also at the time of application, we couldn't show evidence of savings(we own a house in Australia) but got a letter from my husband's employer to state how much he will be earning. I am concerned that my application wasn't comprehensive enough but was really unsure of what info to provide. After all he is British and simply want to live back in his home country...this doesn't seem like an unreasonable desire and heaven forbid would like his family to be there with him. Instead, our family has been forced to live separately which is a dreadful and unfair situation to be in.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun May 03, 2009 3:54 am

Why do you think your visa application might be refused? He did not need to go back to the U.K. in advance, most people don't.

Also, is your husband also an Australian citizen?

ailvox
Newly Registered

Post by ailvox » Sun May 03, 2009 4:53 am

yes he is an Australian citizen now as well (he has dual citizenship) and yes he did have to go back because he had to start a job on 20th April. He has been applying for jobs all last year and when he got offered this one he had to take it. He couldn't refuse a job offer as it would make our resettlement harder. This is fair enough isn't it??

I don't necessarily think my visa will be refused, it's just not knowing and i don't want them to decide to ask me for more information when my waiting period is meant to be up (ie after 12-13 weeks). it would make the family separation even longer which not fair on anyone- the children don't understand and are really struggling!

Also if my children and husband are British citizens does being Australian make a difference?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sun May 03, 2009 10:13 am

If they are British the Australian citizenship is irrelevant. I'm sure you are needlessly worrying.

sophiedb
Newly Registered

Post by sophiedb » Sun May 03, 2009 11:22 pm

hello :)

I married my Kiwi hubby in 2004 - four years as a couple prior to that (1 in UK, 3 in Australia), no kids (at that time). Two weeks after we got hitched we applied for his spouse visa for the UK and got it back very quickly, little query other than the fact that we were both going to work for my dad's small business.. which was true, it's a family business, but they seemed to think it "convenient" :roll:

I'm sure yours will pass without a query. It's just irritating to wait due to bureaucracy and piles of backlog!

Sophie x