ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help - Previous Earning Quesion ?(HSMP - Tier1)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Urgent Help - Previous Earning Quesion ?(HSMP - Tier1)

Post by jimmymcad » Mon May 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Dear All,

I am in need of Senior helps regarding Previous Earnings. Please help.
I workd in 2 firms, and just recently i have been made redunant. My visa validity is till sep 2009, but i am applying for an early extension ( 4 months earlier). Therefore i am applying and few questions regarding Previous earning. I will be claiming following months for previous earning
1st May 2008 - 30Th April 2009 (12 months)

a. Firm 1 (duration 10th Dec 2007 - 16th Sep 2008).

Claiming month(1st May 2008 - 16th Sep 08)
The company went into administration and due to cash flow problems, my salary for the month of June, July, were delayed for 10-20 days. and for August, the employer had paid a fraction of the salary, though the payslip reflecting the full amount of salary. the table would be.
Month --- Salary i receieved in my bank
May 08 --- 31st May 2008 --- it is fine
June 08 --- 18 july 2008 --- late payment
July 08 --- 08 Aug 2008 --- late payment
Aug 08 --- 10th Sep 2008 --- but only fraction less than half of the salary.
Sep 08 ---- No Salary but made redundant on 16th Sep

Documents I have from my employer:

1. I have all the payslips and the bank statement, and the bank statement exactly shows the date when i got the salary, but does this late payment create any problem in my claiming period. because the salary slip is generated at the end of the month, but i got the salary delayed as indicated in my table.?

2. About the fraction payment Aug 08- The salary pay slip is generated through the softwares, and it shows the full amount, but the amount in my bank is just half of it. What should i do for it?

3. I have also after lot of discussion manage to get a salary letter from the employer, which shows my whole tenure from Dec 07 - 16th Sep 08. It shows column: Month, Gross, Net, and Bank Date. Also, in that letter, it is written that my salary for the month of June, July are delayed, and for August it is paid a fraction amount. Now if i attach the whole salary letter, it would reflect also the other month for which i am not claiming? Please suggest what to do in this scenario?

4. What about the month of Septemeber 08 as i got no salary in this month? Should i remove it from my salary claim period? Please suggest

5. What could be the best document to attach in this whole case?

b. Firm 2 ( Claiming month 10th October 2008 - 30th April 2009)
I worked here as a permanent employee, but now again running in problems.

1. I got a bit less salary on the first month as i joined it from 10th October. Would it be ok?

Now my questions are simple? How do i as a whole cover my previoius earning period, Please suggest. An early response is much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Mon May 04, 2009 5:56 pm

To make things easy, can you not claim the 1 month that you can't match the payslip & the bank account? This will save headache.

And for the smaller amount on October 2008 it's shouldn't be a problem as long as the number in payslip is the same with the amount in the bank account.

My salary changed a number of times during the period that I claimed for my visa.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon May 04, 2009 6:02 pm

I really do not see any problem with the evidence.
For the first company submit the letter from the company which shows your gross earnings, deductions, net salary, net salary credited to your account, mode of disbursement, date salary credited to your salary account. Its good enough. In you cover letter, advise the caseworker to disregard months outside the period which you intend to use (Highlight it).

Get a similar letter from your current (II) employer.

Claim "0" earnings for the month of September. It has to be a part of your earnings period of 12 months (i.e. it needs to be counted as one of the 12 months).

These letters when submitted with your bank statements will be sufficient.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Hi,

Post by jimmymcad » Mon May 04, 2009 6:10 pm

Thank you very much for your replies. Few queries again if you dont mind.

1. About the August 08 salary which is a fraction only, As one has to show the gross amount right? Can i include the whole gross amount though i have not recieved the full amount as reflected from the payslip?

2. For employer 2? I have all the necessary payslips and the bank statement is tallying the actual amount? do i still need to take the employer salary certificate in this case? , If i don't then

3. That mean, If i select the mode employer letter certificate + bank statement for my first employer and payslips + bank statement for my second emploiyer, How do i mention it on the tier1 form. As i have seen they have separate section for claiming months, but a general category for evidence document? Please suggest.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Hi,

Post by push » Mon May 04, 2009 6:22 pm

jimmymcad wrote:Thank you very much for your replies. Few queries again if you dont mind.

1. About the August 08 salary which is a fraction only, As one has to show the gross amount right? Can i include the whole gross amount though i have not recieved the full amount as reflected from the payslip?
Yes because you earned that amount irrespective of whether or not you were paid the corresponding net amount. Thats why it is necessary for your employer's letter to show the Gross amount and the actual net amount credited to the Bank.
jimmymcad wrote:2. For employer 2? I have all the necessary payslips and the bank statement is tallying the actual amount? do i still need to take the employer salary certificate in this case? , If i don't then
No you do not as long as the net amount on pay stub and the amount actually credited to your bank account tally.
jimmymcad wrote:3. That mean, If i select the mode employer letter certificate + bank statement for my first employer and payslips + bank statement for my second emploiyer, How do i mention it on the tier1 form. As i have seen they have separate section for claiming months, but a general category for evidence document? Please suggest.
L7 has sufficient scope to mention the corresponding evidence you intend to provide. In L10 you need to tick three check-boxes (1) Salary (2) Bank Statements (3) Letter from Employer. Not sure why you are saying there is a general category for evidence documents. Are you referring to some other section?
regards,
push

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Thanks PUSH HSMP again for your reply.

Here i am writing in detail what i am asking.

Can you help me in filling it by looking my scenario
In the form Page 51:
T4 : Please give start and end dates of the period(s) for the which the applicant is claiming previous earning.1. Start -- DD MM YYYY END DD MM YYYY
2. Start -- DD MM YYYY END DD MM YYYY
3. Start -- DD MM YYYY END DD MM YYYY
4. Start -- DD MM YYYY END DD MM YYYY

Do, i need to exclude Sep 08 from my claiming month as no salary has been given for it despite i was made redundant on 16th of it.

So would it be like this?

1. Start 01/05/2008 End 30/04/2009

Or

1. Start --01/05/2008 -- End 30/08/2008 (exlude sep08 or include)
2. Start --10/10/2008 -- End 30/04/2009 (starting from 10th rather than 1st as i joined the second employer from 10th)

T5 :
Source of Earnings(includes employer name, start/end dates from the source of earing) -- Country--currency--earningclaimed-- Evidence of earnigs

is it ok?
Firm 1 (1/05/2008-01/08/2009)
(excluding sep 08) but i got fraction delayed salary of Aug in Sep

I can see here i can mention evidence clearly of earnings provided.

But T8. shows Please tick the relevant boxes to confirm all documents being sent as evidence of previous earnings claimed.

Payslips tickbox
Statement tickbox
Letter from previous employer tickbox

Do i need to tick all the three boxes here as it talks in general here?

many thanks once again

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon May 04, 2009 7:25 pm

jimmymcad wrote: T4 : Please give start and end dates of the period(s) for the which the applicant is claiming previous earning.1. Start -- DD MM YYYY END DD MM YYYY
2. Start -- DD MM YYYY END DD MM YYYY
3. Start -- DD MM YYYY END DD MM YYYY
4. Start -- DD MM YYYY END DD MM YYYY

Do, i need to exclude Sep 08 from my claiming month as no salary has been given for it despite i was made redundant on 16th of it.
No
jimmymcad wrote:So would it be like this?

1. Start 01/05/2008 End 30/04/2009
-Yes
jimmymcad wrote:T5 :
Source of Earnings(includes employer name, start/end dates from the source of earing) -- Country--currency--earningclaimed-- Evidence of earnigs

is it ok?
Firm 1 (1/05/2008-01/08/2009)
(excluding sep 08) but i got fraction delayed salary of Aug in Sep

I can see here i can mention evidence clearly of earnings provided.
thats fine
jimmymcad wrote:But T8. shows Please tick the relevant boxes to confirm all documents being sent as evidence of previous earnings claimed.

Payslips tickbox
Statement tickbox
Letter from previous employer tickbox

Do i need to tick all the three boxes here as it talks in general here?
Yes
regards,
push

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Mon May 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Thanks Push HSMP for your prompt responses.
I will shout if i face any problems.