ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds for myself only (Family not included)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salloo

Maintenance Funds for myself only (Family not included)

Post by salloo » Tue May 05, 2009 7:44 am

Hi All,
First of all I am a Pakistani citizen and wanted to apply for Tier-1 from Pakistan. I have more than GBP4400 as maintenance funds in my account.

Maybe this is answered somewhere, but still I am posting it because I couldn't find the exact match yet.

I have 2 kids and wife as dependents.
  1. Currently I wanted to apply for myself only. I am willing to take my dependents with me after one year, for this What maintenance fund should I show.
  2. In form VAF9 the question [5.1 Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7.] Definitely I will choose YES for this. but how can I mention that I will apply for my family after one year.
  3. In form pbsappendix1 the question [7.1 Calculate the amount of funds required for you and the dependants named in the Personal Details part of this application form and enter the amount here.] what amount should I enter here as I don't want my family to join me within 12 months of my arrival.
Regarding forms
  1. Initially the downloaded forms [vaf9 and pbsappendix1] were fillable, but now they are not. Will you recommend me to fill these forms by hand or typewritten.
I will be really thankful for any advice.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue May 05, 2009 9:55 am

Hi Salloo,

My case will be similar to you as I am also planning to apply for myself after 2 months and my wife and one kid will join me later.

Well, as per my understanding, here are the answers to your queries:

5.1: Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?
YES
If they are traveling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7.
TRAVEL DATE IS NOT YET FIXED

7.1: Calculate the amount of funds required for you and the dependents named in the Personal Details part of this application form and enter the amount here.
Mention GBP 2800 or more as maintenance fund as you are applying for yourself only at this time.

I think this should be acceptable by HO or BHC Office but you may want to ask someone who has gone through the similar experience.
Any expert comment please :)

By the way, pls let me know when you get answer to this questions and also if you receive Visa :)

It will help me too :)

Cheers,
Akash...

neo2550
Newly Registered

Post by neo2550 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Well i am waiting for result of my Tier 1....replying to your querry .....you need 2800GBP for the last 3 months in your account prior to 28 days before submission.
For your dependent just write yes and in the extra information just write that they will join you and is not expecting to join you within 1 year.Part 7 is the space where you can write the details as i told you.

Amount you need to write is 2800GBP.

salloo

Post by salloo » Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 pm

@neo
Thanks, I am waiting.