ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for HSMP suspended (temporarily)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kawasaki1

ILR for HSMP suspended (temporarily)

Post by kawasaki1 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Have just been to Croydon PEO. As of last week they have suspended ALL ILR applications if all or part of your stay includes HSMP. This applies even if your HSMP is not affected by the current JR (i.e. got it after 2006). Anyone turning up for an appointment is being turned away and asked to apply by post and anyone applying by post will have their application held/frozen until they decide what to do in light of the JR.

This is extremely frustrating. They have not put this info on their website AND they don’t bother to call you and tell you there is no need to turn up for your appointment. It is even more frustrating given my application has nothing to do with the JR (5 years on WP 2004 + HSMP 2007).

After arguing with the manager I managed to convince them to process my application but then hold the passport until they have guidance on stamping. They have no idea how long that will take or whether it will be any quicker than if I had applied by post. All other HSMP ILR appointments are being turned away.

Ridiculous.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: ILR for HSMP suspended (temporarily)

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue May 05, 2009 12:40 pm

kawasaki1 wrote:Have just been to Croydon PEO. As of last week they have suspended ALL ILR applications if all or part of your stay includes HSMP. This applies even if your HSMP is not affected by the current JR (i.e. got it after 2006). Anyone turning up for an appointment is being turned away and asked to apply by post and anyone applying by post will have their application held/frozen until they decide what to do in light of the JR.

This is extremely frustrating. They have not put this info on their website AND they don’t bother to call you and tell you there is no need to turn up for your appointment. It is even more frustrating given my application has nothing to do with the JR (5 years on WP 2004 + HSMP 2007).

After arguing with the manager I managed to convince them to process my application but then hold the passport until they have guidance on stamping. They have no idea how long that will take or whether it will be any quicker than if I had applied by post. All other HSMP ILR appointments are being turned away.

Ridiculous.
... that is disgracing onn the part of HO. Thanks for sharing the information.

javaid10

Post by javaid10 » Tue May 05, 2009 1:12 pm

this is how they want to punish all HSMPian by winning ILR JR2, no update on HO website...
kawasaki1 wrote:Have just been to Croydon PEO. As of last week they have suspended ALL ILR applications if all or part of your stay includes HSMP. This applies even if your HSMP is not affected by the current JR (i.e. got it after 2006). Anyone turning up for an appointment is being turned away and asked to apply by post and anyone applying by post will have their application held/frozen until they decide what to do in light of the JR.

Ridiculous.
:evil:

mnaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by mnaqvi » Tue May 05, 2009 3:31 pm

javaid10 wrote:this is how they want to punish all HSMPian by winning ILR JR2, no update on HO website...

Ridiculous.
Absolutely disgrace , Now they will make it 6 years for ILR by holding our applications for 1 year , i thought we won a case for 4 year ILR not 6 years.

cagrawal

same happened with me

Post by cagrawal » Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm

I wish I had read this post yesterday. I went to the Croydon office today and was told the same thing. Obviously I was quite upset. I went to the HO with my 6 yr old daughter and 11 months old son.... A long trip wasted...

Anyways... so what is the next official advice for people like us? I read this on the UKBA website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... inforhsmp1

regards,
Chandan

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Tue May 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Just when you think that the Home Office can't sink any lower, or be any more illogical - they manage to surprise you. This is disgusting, infuriating, banana-republic behaviour.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Tue May 05, 2009 10:02 pm

Though it is frustrated news for concerned, but I think there is a positive side i.e. may be

1. HO are not wanting now more mess related HSMP ILR before implement of ILR JR judgement.

2. Current HSMP applicants for ILR obviously passed / will nearly pass 5
years period that is they are now qualify for citizenship ( if HSMP
before April'06) means they are goning to get some remedy that is
direct citizenship now or sounds like that.

3. To make a unique system for implementing ILR JR judgement.

Just my thoughts..

Regards.

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Tue May 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Yes I'd also been thinking of your point 3. It makes a lot of sense to have a team of people at the HO dedicated just to us, especially since they have to judge us on different "old" criteria. Might mean we get a faster result too. Fingers crossed.

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed May 06, 2009 7:15 am

Well to be honest i am no great fan of HO but i think in this case we have to give them a benefit of the doubt they HAVE mentioned in their website abou this on 23rd April 2006.

So I dont understand who is recommending you guys to take an appointment for ILR based on 4 years. HO donot even have policy prepared yet and it is not due till 20th of May 2009, so why can't we wait? or on the other hand just post the ILR and stop waisting your time. I am sure people will not bee keen on posting as it might take more time to go through the proces BUT then what choice do you have.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed May 06, 2009 8:30 am

hsmp_victory wrote:Well to be honest i am no great fan of HO but i think in this case we have to give them a benefit of the doubt they HAVE mentioned in their website abou this on 23rd April 2006.

So I dont understand who is recommending you guys to take an appointment for ILR based on 4 years. HO donot even have policy prepared yet and it is not due till 20th of May 2009, so why can't we wait? or on the other hand just post the ILR and stop waisting your time. I am sure people will not bee keen on posting as it might take more time to go through the proces BUT then what choice do you have.
I think those who visited PCO for ILR are not with 4 year, but with 5 years completed.

cagrawal

Post by cagrawal » Wed May 06, 2009 8:59 am

hsmp_victory wrote:Well to be honest i am no great fan of HO but i think in this case we have to give them a benefit of the doubt they HAVE mentioned in their website abou this on 23rd April 2006.

They are not just rejecting the application for those who have completed 4 yr or 5 yrs. They are refusing the application for anyone who is currently on HSMP and seeking ILR.

cagrawal

Post by cagrawal » Wed May 06, 2009 9:05 am

They are not just rejecting the application for those who have completed 4 yr or 5 yrs. They are refusing the application for anyone who is currently on HSMP and seeking ILR.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:18 am

-duplicate-
Last edited by kawasaki1 on Wed May 06, 2009 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:19 am

- duplicate -
Last edited by kawasaki1 on Wed May 06, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 am

hsmp_victory, as cagrawal said if you read my post I am 5 year and the HSMP part of my stay started in 2007 so nothing to do with JR (which only affects 2006 and pre applicants).

But agreed, lets hope that the reason they have put everyone in the same boat is for the better- I just hope that doesnt mean months of delay to applications.

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Wed May 06, 2009 10:06 am

kawasaki - if you haven't already, get in touch with HO on the implementation and on other "glitches".

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Wed May 06, 2009 10:07 am

FFS, read the original post properly!!!

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Wed May 06, 2009 10:30 am

Just guess, may be HO does not want any further mess with HSMP. Perhaps HO guyz are ordered not take any HSMP ILR premium case untill publish of new policy guide expected by or on 20 May.

So far seen UK Official does not do anything out of format they given. Like if they are given guide 2+2=4, they will always follow it like robot. If you try make them understand that by 1+3=4 can be happened , he wont agree with you.

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed May 06, 2009 10:42 am

kiwi_in_the_uk wrote:

FFS, read the original post properly!!!
Oye, stop use fould language understand. I can use it more efficiently as you have BUT then what the difference between you and me. This post is for helping other and not for abusing other. A part of my response is to changes they are making for everyone on HSMP. IF you cant get it then doesn'[t mean everyone is a thick headed moron like you. Read will notbackHSMP response above, atleast there is someone who reads between the lines, if you understand what i mean. Probably won't.

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Wed May 06, 2009 11:08 am

Victory, I don't think Kiwi was insulting you, but simply to point out some inaccuracies in your post!

Let's all be considerate of others next time and word our statements in a more friendly tone. :D
PM

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Wed May 06, 2009 11:18 am

A part of my response is to changes they are making for everyone on HSMP. IF you cant get it then doesn'[t mean everyone is a thick headed moron like you. Read will notbackHSMP response above, atleast there is someone who reads between the lines, if you understand what i mean. Probably won't.
You're right, I don't have a clue what you're trying to say, though I did manage to understand the "thick headed moron" bit. Nice.

I was just pointing out that the original poster has had HSMP for 5 years, and was thus doing exactly as he was entitled to when he applied in person. The link you posted, and everything you said, shows that you completely misunderstood - you thought he was a 4 year person trying to get in early. I'm not going to waste any more of anyone's time by taking this thread further off topic.

Try to play nicely.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:54 am

Good suggestion on contacting the HSMP forum about this, shall update once I hear from them.

imurlove
Newly Registered

Post by imurlove » Wed May 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Guys, I been to Liverpool PEO on friday and they have accepted my application but could't process it same day as I did not had employment letters from previous employers. That said, they did not turned me away but kept the application. I am on HSMP since Dec 2007 and prior to that I was on work permit.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 pm

It is possible there is an inconsistency between Liverpool and Croydon then. The managers at Croydon told me the policy only became known end of last week and if I came a few days earlier I would have been ok.

I would suggest you phone Liverpool up and ask about this because chances are they are also not allowing ILRs for HSMP as of this week. If that is not the case then someone at Croydon will have a lot to answer for. :evil:

tsp

Post by tsp » Wed May 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Do we need to submit previous employment letters. Form doesnot say so.

Did you have multiple employment during HSMP? Did they ask for previous employment letters during WP time as well.

I did submit my application on March 2nd and didnt submit the previous employment(during WP time) letters as it was not asked in the form.

imurlove wrote:Guys, I been to Liverpool PEO on friday and they have accepted my application but could't process it same day as I did not had employment letters from previous employers. That said, they did not turned me away but kept the application. I am on HSMP since Dec 2007 and prior to that I was on work permit.